We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Band 6 Occupational Therapist to work in the Brent Rapid Response Team, willing to develop their skills and push themselves outside the normal boundaries of practice and with a genuine drive to ensure their patients get the best treatment possible.
Brent Rapid Response is seven days a weekly service, 365 days a year, working from 8:00 until 20:30 or 10:00 until 22:30. You will be expected to work weekends and bank holidays.
However, it is our aim that you work approximately one weekend in four. Service aims to bring the best hospital care to a patient's home and therefore avoid unnecessary hospital admissions for adults over the age of 18 years.
We aim to promote the very best patient care and provide the same care our patients would receive in secondary care. You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team alongside therapists, doctors, dieticians, and pharmacists to provide integrated and personalised care to the patients.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will have relevant experience working as a band 6 in acute and community settings. If you are that clinician with excellent communication skills, a team player with a positive attitude and committed to providing excellent care to patients, we are happy to have you on board.
As a member of the team, you will demonstrate clinical leadership within the clinical environment. You will be expected to work alongside the Team leader to maintain quality and safety standards.
The successful candidate will play a key role in staff development, contributing to service development and clinical skills training for registered and non-registered staff and supporting students on placement with the service.
You will receive an annual appraisal and personal development plan, enabling you to have a structure within your role and help you develop personally and professionally.
Must hold UK HCPC registration and valid UK driving licence with a car.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of our team to lead and influence the development of our service and make Brent Rapid Response a positive and exciting place for staff to work. We look forward to receiving your application and welcoming you to the team at CLCH.About us
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here: https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefitsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description for full list of responsibilities Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationEssential
- To assess referrals made to service, prioritise, and respond according to priority, as appropriate both in terms of level and urgency.
- To use enhanced skills and knowledge to assess physical and psycho-social needs and develop a comprehensive and concordant plan of care with patient/carers and the wider Multidisciplinary Team as needed.
- To make risk assessments, establishing the safety or otherwise of patients ability to stay at home, or return home safely from another care setting, providing, and arranging necessary supportive packages.
- To provide evidenced based clinical/therapeutic interventions based on best practice, to improve health outcomes and promote choice.
- To work in close collaboration with all other community agencies including Community Matrons, District Nursing services, In-Patient and Community Based Therapy Services.
- Registered Allied Healthcare Professional with current registration with appropriate professional Body
- Full, valid UK driving license
- Experience of working in Primary Care/ Accident & Emergency
- Experience of assessing and providing quality care to people with Long Term Conditions
- Qualification in teaching or practice-based learning
- Physical Clinical Assessment Skills Course or willingness to undertake the course
- Substantial band 5 experience
- Experience of supervising staff and appraisals
- Extensive range of clinical skills and experience.
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary team
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- Experience of implementing evidence-based care and developing others to do so.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing ? Ability to manage own workload and plan the workload of others, to work autonomously
- Ability to make decisions and prioritise actions
- Working knowledge of clinical governance and evidence based practice
- Able to develop and maintain team working
- Ability to work under pressure
- Evidence of comprehensive range of clinical skills and expertise relevant to the role
- Able to deal with conflict and manage appropriately ? Able to identify own and other's learning and development needs and actively seek ways to meeting those needs
- Basic IT skills including use of Microsoft Office package and email
- Clinical knowledge across a range of long term and enduring conditions.
- Knowledge of current NHS organizational structures and policy initiatives.
- Knowledge of recent developments in Primary Care. ? Knowledge of adult protection and safeguarding children's issues
- Knowledge of appropriate Code of Professional Conduct. ? Knowledge of Personal Development Planning.
- Detailed knowledge of Primary Health Care and collaborative working with other care providers, e.g. social care and voluntary services
- Knowledge of the audit process.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practice and able to implement in practice
- Knowledge of clinical governance processes, assessing and managing risk
- Knowledge of clinical supervision
- Awareness of equal opportunities in practice
- Able to lead and motivate a team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to carry out the duties of the post with or without adaptions
- To have a full UK drivers' license and have use of a car.
- Able to work flexible shifts ? Able to work from more than one work base.
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Sudbury Primary Care Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.