The Haven in Eastbourne is opening soon! Could you be our next recruit?!
We're on the lookout for an enthusiastic, motivated, caring, and creative Urgent Care Practitioner to help us provide 24-hour service. In return, we offer a supportive and inclusive working environment, access to ongoing training and development, and the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of those in your care.
In this role, you will work with service users referred to The Haven via A& E, Secamb, Police, Street Triage, SMHL, and our third sector partner, Staying Well.
At The Haven, we value our staff and are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive working environment. If you are passionate about mental health and want to make a difference in people's lives, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Working with our committed and dynamic team, you will be fully supported to develop new ways of working, building safe and responsive quality mental health services fit for the future. Whether you're a Band 5 looking to progress to a Band 6, or already a Band 6 looking for a change, we'd love to speak to you!
This post offers a incentive, or a Relocation package up to a maximum of �4000 (pro rata applies and subject to terms and conditions).Main duties of the job
As an Urgent Care Practitioner at The Haven in Eastbourne, you will be an integral part of a team that provides vital mental health services to those in need. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Conducting assessments, developing care plans, and delivering evidence-based interventions to support recovery and wellbeing.
- Ensuring that individuals receive the appropriate level of care and support, which may involve liaising with other healthcare professionals and external agencies.
- Working closely with team members to identify the best use of resources and utilise patient-focused evidenced interventions.
- Delivering solution-focused interventions, relapse prevention, crisis planning, medication management, providing housing advice, and referring service users to substance misuse services as required
- Supporting junior colleagues through live supervision and reflective practice.
We understand that job seekers today are looking for more than just a pay check. Here are just some additional details about the benefits we provide to our employees:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- NHS Discounts: Our employees can take advantage of a range of discounts across the NHS, including discounts on travel, shopping, and leisure activities.
- Generous holiday entitlement: Starting at 27 days + 8 bank holidays.
- Flexible Working Patterns: We understand that you have other responsibilities outside of work, which is why we offer flexible working patterns to help you balance both your personal and professional lives. If it works for you and works for the role, we'll do our best to make it happen.
- NHS Pension Contributions: You can rest easy knowing that we're contributing towards your future retirement with one of the most respected pension schemes in the UK.
- Child Care Vouchers: We know how expensive childcare can be, that's why we offer child care vouchers to help our employees with the cost of childcare.
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities: We believe in investing in your professional development, which is why we offer a range of training and development opportunities to help you grow and develop in your career.
- We are building a new hospital in Bexhill to replace our inpatient services at the Department of Psychiatry. This means that, if you are successful in your application, you will be asked to transfer to the new facilities when they open in 2025.
In order to be a successful Urgent Care Practitioner in our team, you must:
- Be a Registered Mental Health Nurse
- A qualification in Mentorship, ENB 998 or level 3 module in teaching and assessing in clinical practice or a willingness to complete this
- Have significant post-registration experience in Band 5 position
- Have experience working within an appropriate care setting or an ability to demonstrate that skills and knowledge are transferable across specialities
- Have working knowledge of a range of therapeutic assessment tools and their application to the Liaison service caseload
It would be advantageous if you have:
- Experience working within Liaison Services
- A specialist interest in substance misuse or other mental health disorders such as autism
See attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Mental Nurse
- Mentorship, ENB 998 or level 3 module in teaching and assessing in clinical practice
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Significant post registration experience in a band 5 position
- Experience of working within an appropriate care setting or an ability to demonstrate that skills and knowledge are transferable across specialities.
- Knowledge of the MHA (1983/2007)
- Knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act (2005) and DOL's
- A working knowledge of a range of therapeutic assessment tools and their application to the Liaison service caseload
- Experience of working within Liaison Services
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Haven - Department of Psychiatry
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.