The Cardiac Investigations team are looking to appoint a new Chief Cardiac Physiologist on a permanent basis.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual to join our team. We are an innovative and stimulating department to work in, offering high quality, safe and compassionate care to patients are their relatives. We deliver high quality training and have recently been awarded Training Hospital of the Year by BJCA as well as having a member of our echo team receiving an individual award for best trainer. Our team also benefit from excellent links with Health Education England and BSE. We empower our physiologists and offer development into physiologist lead services e.g. Contrast Echo. We also offer specialist services such as stress echocardiography, TOE and 4D imaging.
We offer regular support to allied accreditation bodies such as Heart Rhythm Society and British Society of Echocardiography and have highly skilled staff who have represented us at their associated national conferences.
Please note: this role may require assessment centre or psychometric test.Main duties of the job
- Assist in ensuring the delivery of high quality Cardiology technical services, working in line with National Service Framework (NSF) recommendations.
- To deputise in the absence of the department head to manage a team within the Cardiology department, including clerical staff, Assistant Technical Officers (ATOs), Senior Assistant Technical Officers (SATOs) as well as basic, senior and chief cardiac physiologists.
- Undertakes advanced practice cardiac tests and procedures, interprets results, provides report and informs the clinician.
- Undertake clinical supervision and training for trainee staff and other professionals.
- Act as expert resource for technical Cardiology issues to both primary and secondary care.
- Carries out research and development activities within department, including trial of new equipment.
We manage three major locality hospitals at North Tyneside, Wansbeck and Hexham, plus a number of smaller community hospitals and clinics from Tynemouth to Berwick on Tweed, in addition to our state-of-the-art Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital, the first of its kind in England. We also care for people in their homes and provide services from facilities in local communities such as health centres. We give people greater choice and control over their care to help them to live independently at home and avoid hospital admission where appropriate. High quality patient care is at the heart of everything we do and we strive to ensure every single patient and service user has an exceptional experience with us. We have one of the most extensive patient experience programmes of any trust in England.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To assist in the establishment, co-ordination and delivery of cardiology technical services for Cardiology patients across the Northumbria Trust requiring electrocardiograph(ECG), exercise tolerance test(ETT), echocardiography including stress and contrast enhanced imaging modalities and ambulatory monitoring.
To role model compassionate and inclusive leadership in order to shape the creation of a collective leadership culture within the trust. This means demonstrating a consistent leadership style which (a) engages, enables and empowers others (b) uses coaching to promote ownership of learning and quality improvement and (c) facilitates team working and collaboration within teams / departments and across organisational boundaries.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Physiologist with the Registration Council for Clinical Physiologists (RCCP) or the Academy for Health Care Sciences (AHCS)
- BSc in Clinical Physiology or Health Care Science, specialising in Cardiology or equivalent, with a further qualification i.e. British Society Echocardiography (B.S.E.) giving a masters equivalent.
- ILS certificate
- BSE or BHRS qualification
- D32/33/34 NVQ Assessor or Mentorship certificate (Not Required for Bank Staff)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Management qualification e.g. Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM)
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.