Due to the development of a 7 day working model for the critical care band 7 team, there is an exciting opportunity to recruit a band 7 on the HRI and CHH site.
The successful candidates will work collaboratively as part of the team to cover the 7 day cross site service, ensuring resources are utilised effectively, and patient flow in and out of the units occurs.Main duties of the job
The candidate must have ICU experience at band 6 level and will have both managerial and clinical responsibilities.
You will lead a team of nurses or clinical nurse educators as well as participating in a ward managerial duties such as rota development and line management duties
Will work collaboratively with the Intensivists, matrons and the wider disciplinary teams to manage patient flow.
The applicants must have expert critical care knowledge, act as a role model and demonstrate excellent communication skills, be supportive and be able to manage a busy and demanding environment.
You will have governance and quality responsibilities and work in conjunction with the rest of the team to promote excellent care and patient safety.
The successful candidate will by dynamic, proactive and highly motivated and have a passion for striving for excellence and developing the intensive care service.About us
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately �500 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area, extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively
Our vision is Great Staff, Great Care, Great Future, as we believe that by developing an innovative, skilled and caring workforce, we can deliver great care to our patients and a great future for our employees, our Trust and our community.
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance from a range of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationPersonal attributesEssential
- Proven ability to work within a team
- motivation to promote change
- Professional registration
- Leadership course or willing to work towards
- Degree or equivalent experience in Critical care.
- Teaching Qualification or equivalent experience
Skills, knowledge and abilityEssential
- Extensive experience working as a senior nurse with management responsibility
- Critical Care Experience
- Must be able to provide portfolio of clinical experience
- Demonstrable experience of managing/leading others
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good interpersonal skills
- proven ability to deal with difficult or sensitive issues
- proven ability to educate colleagues
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
CHH & HRI
Intensive care unit, Anlaby Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.