Head of Education, Training & Workforce Development: Pharmacy Shared Services
Are you enthusiastic about education, training and development of pharmacy staff and have experience/interest in this specialist area? Then this is the job for you!
A challenging and exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Head of Education, Training and Workforce development at Bart's Health NHS Trust which is the largest NHS Trust and Pharmacy department within the UK. The post holder will lead on developing and establishing education and training pathways for registered and non-registered staff within Pharmacy Technical Services and other areas within pharmacy i.e. Homecare , Procurement / distribution / clinical Trials which makes up Pharmacy Shared Services..This challenging role requires someone who is able to demonstrate excellent leadership and organisational skills, can communicate effectively across all levels, and has the ability to prioritise and independently manage their own workload. We are dedicated to being an outstanding place to work and will work with you to get the best experience. We know flexible working is not a one size fits all and will mean something different to everyone. We are inclusive, so if you are interested in flexible working, please speak to the recruiting manager.Main duties of the job
As this role also contributes towards Senior Leadership Teams within Pharmacy, you will also be someone who is highly motivated, enthusiastic to promote new ideas, determined to succeed in a challenging environment, has the willingness to accept considerable delegated responsibility, the ability to remain calm under pressure and a commitment to future developments in pharmacy services.The Pharmacy department is committed to support training for all members of staff and the post holder will be given the opportunity to grow in this role and further their own career development.About us
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together.
We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as they are underrepresented within Barts Health at this band.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience, and knowledge required. For both documents, please view the attachment/s below.
For further details / informal visits contact Tejal Patel on email Tejal.Patel5@nhs.net or Shelly French on Shelly.French1@nhs.netPerson SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Proven experience of delivering responsibilities and objectives to time.
- Proven track record of implementiign change and inspiring others
- Previous experience of working within Aseptics, Radio-pharmacy, chemotherapy, TPN, CIVAS
- Experience in developing education and training programs and courses
- Proven track record of delivering training to staff
- Proven track record of delivering improvement in performance
- Experience of managing training resources
- Experience of developing and managing systems
- Experience of managing at Senior Leadership level
- Experience of identifying training needs and developing training plans.
- Experience in supervising and organising staff and work
- Evidence of teaching and tutoring in a hospital setting
- Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) as a pharmacy technician
- Experience of delivering apprenticeship training programmes within a pharmacy setting
- BTEC Pharmaceutical Sciences /NVQ 3 or equivalent.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent experience
- Educational Supervisor qualification or equivalent qualification
- Leadership and Management qualification - Level 5 or equivalent.
- Postgraduate qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience of being an Education Programme Director
- Understanding of GPhC Revalidation requirements.
- Knowledge of GMP and MHRA compliance requirements
- Up to date knowledge of legislation relevant to pharmacy practice, e.g. controlled drugs, Health and Safety at Work.
- Understanding of stock control systems.
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical care needs of patients in various specialities.
- Knowledge of Safe and Secure Handling of Medicines requirements.
- Understanding of the importance of adherence to SOPs and legislation.Understanding of the importance of adherence to SOPs and legislation.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of patient safety initiatives
- Demonstrate knowledge of different teaching methods including understand learning styles, competency based training, and different assessment criteria
- Understanding of development opportunities available to all members of the pharmacy workforce, particularly in technical services
- Demonstrate ability to negotiate, influence and persuade others including senior staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- IT literate and able to use Microsoft office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve solve
- Ability to motivate self and others
- Time management skills
- Methodical attention to detail
- Good numeracy skills. Able to perform pharmaceutical calculations.
- Able to prepare training material
- Demonstrate project management skills
- Able to keep accurate records for the required time period
- Able to chair recruitment panels
- Demonstrates ability to identify training needs
- Able to motivate staff and engage in staff on-boarding
- Able to mentor staff and act as a role model
- Able to work effectively in challenging situations
- Able to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to work in partnership with others
- Demonstrates ability to deliver lectures, workshops, one to one training and formal presentations
- Able to develop training plans
- Able to produce and analyse data
- Staff, service, and project performance management skills
- Coaching skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Training skills
- Able to manage change
- Experience in presenting complex and contentious information to junior and senior Pharmacy staff
- Evidence of working sensitively but effectively with professional staff in a diverse environment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Member of the Association of Pharmacy Technicians UK (APTUK)
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
Royal London Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.