Halton District Nursing service are seeking a committed and enthusiastic individual to join their team as a community staff nurse.
Applicants must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, have a Patient centered approach to care, be highly motivated and able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
The district nursing service provides nursing care to the housebound population of Halton to patients in their own homes as well as residential care homes. We also provide a treatment room service for ambulant patients and provide a comprehensive range of clinical skills.
You will work under the direction of the District Nursing Sister delivering:
- Administration of IV medication/Medicines management
- Health Promotion
- End of life / supportive care.
- Holistic assessment
- Patient centered Care
- Complex wound management
The District Nursing service is committed to supporting personal development. We offer a supportive 4-week supernumerary period for all new starters.
We have an in-house training programmed 4 day Comprehensive leg Ulcer course, to support all new starters within Bridgewater. We also encourage staff to complete a credited nurse prescribing module.
Travel is essential for the post therefore candidates will need to demonstrate their ability to travel and hold a full UK driving license.
Student nurses who are currently awaiting confirmation of their PIN number to practice as a band 5 are invited to apply.Main duties of the job
The post holder actively supports the District Nursing team by undertaking responsibility for a delegated caseload.
Undertakes the assessment, planning and evaluation of patients care needs.
Liaises with the District Nurse to ensure information sharing in relation to patient care / changes to care plan and the continuity of care and reviewing of complex care packages.
Mentoring, Teaching and Assessing.
Liaises with all health care professionals and other agencies to ensure effective service delivery.What we offer
We offer a great package with inclusion in the following benefits to name but a few:
NHS Pension Scheme
Up to 6 weeks annual leave with the opportunity to purchase an additional 4 weeks annual leave
Access to a Staff Health & Wellbeing Hub which offers advice, support and schemes including Occupational Health services which include self-referral access to medical assessment facilities, Physiotherapy and a Counselling Helpline service which can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Staff Salary Sacrifice Scheme including a Childcare Vouchers Scheme
A to Z list of staff benefits and discounts
Opportunities to join our Staff Champions and Staff Engagement Group
Optional Annual Health Checks, Flu Vaccines and Healthy Lifestyle Initiatives
Special leave provisions, including some over and above statutory entitlementsAbout us
At Bridgewater, our PEOPLE values shape how we deliver our NHS services in your local community.
They help us deliver our mission to improve local health and promote wellbeing in the communities we serve.
After all, values are about people and they were created in partnership with our staff to reflect what they felt was important to them
Here at Bridgewater our shared values flow through the organisation.P
- Person-centred-We are passionate about individual needs and promote independence in the healthcare we provide..E
- Empowered- We empower our people and encourage new ideas to deliver and create improvements in community care.O
- Open and Honest -We behave in a way that develops relationships based on trust, openness, honesty and respect.P
- Professional-We support our people, so everyone has the right skills and training to deliver outstanding patient care.L
- Locally Lead -We are always learning about our communities and show great pride in being a local provider of health and care.E
- Efficient -We use our resources wisely to provide sustainable and value for money healthcare for our patients.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities:
Person SpecificationSkills & AttributesEssential
- To promote the health and well-being within the family unit and community as a whole.
- Perform comprehensive assessment of patient nursing needs as the named nurse.
- Plan, assess and evaluate programmes of care according to changing health needs under the direction of the District Nurse.
- To support the team leader in the co-ordination of complex and continuing care packages.
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with NMC.
- Attend a multi-disciplinary case conference as the named nurse if appropriate.
- To communicate and collaborate with other members of the PHCT, voluntary and statutory organisations to support individual patient care.
- To establish and maintain effective communication with patients, relatives and carers in complex and potentially challenging situations.
- To competently perform clinical skills related to the post.
- To be professionally responsible for a delegated caseload under the supervision of the District Nurse.
- To assess health needs at individual, practice and community level.
- To undertake chronic disease management reviews using appropriate template.
- To work without direct supervision.
- Range of extended clinical skills & demonstrate clinical knowledge.
- Male & Female catheterisation.
- Venepuncture and immunisation.
- Able to communicate sensitive information to patients, relatives and carers.
- Able to assess, plan, implement & evaluate packages of care.
- Able to develop effective interpersonal skills/relationships across the health & social care setting.
- Good verbal & written skills.
- IT skills.
- Experience of using Electronic Patient Records.
- Audit and research.
- Supra pubic catheterisation.
- Tissue viability qualification.
- Leg Ulcer management qualification.
- IV Therapy
- Chronic disease management.
- Experience of
- working within palliative care.
- Management skills.
- Teaching & assessing skills.
- NMC registered adult nurse
- Evidence of level 5/6 study.
- V100/V150 nurse prescriber
- Teaching and Assessing qualification
Job Specific RequirementsEssential
- Previous community experience
- Post-registration nursing experience.
- The ability to travel independently across the Trust
- The ability to work flexibly in accordance with service needs
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Do you have the right to stay and work in the UK without sponsorship (share-codes will be checked if applicable)
Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Halton Independent Living Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.