At UHBW we are creating two new Transfer of Care Hubs to support our patients with discharge planning from admission through leaving hospital and into the community one Hub at the Bristol Site and one at Weston General Hospital. The Transfer of Care Hub will bring together our community partners (Sirona), Local Authorities and Voluntary Sector colleagues across BNSSG tocreate a new team from multidisciplinary backgrounds.
The Transfer of Care Hub will bring together, Acute Trust Case Managers, and Patient Flow Coordinators, Social Workers, Local Authority Discharge Coordinators, Sirona Case Managers, Community OT's, the Homeless Team, Voluntary Services and Flow and Discharge Coordinators.
The aim is to work collaboratively and holistically to support patients to get 'Home First'. We are looking to recruit a number of Acute Trust Case Managers (for Bristol site) to join the Transfer of Care Hub.
You would be integral in providing an excellent service to our patients easing their transition home.Main duties of the job
You would be joining a dynamic patient-centred team, providing an excellent service to our patients and ward colleagues. Working within a supportive and friendly environment, you will be encouraged to participate and share learning with colleagues across the team.
We are looking for nurses to join our team to help continually improve the care given to our patients as they are about to leave hospital. We know that a patient's recovery can be impacted by staying in hospital longer than is necessary so having the right care plan in place is critical and supports them to leave hospital safely and in a timely manner.
We are looking for outstanding individuals who:
- are open and committed to continuous improvement
- have excellent knowledge and skills to manage complex patient discharge
- have exceptional administrative and organisational skills
- are enthusiastic, driven and practical
- have excellent communication skills at all levels and engagement skills
- can adapt to different ways of working
- are able to prioritise workload
- can use their own initiative as well as working as part of a team
Monday - Friday shift pattern, flexible-working for 4 days a week available. Hours are 8:00 - 18:00 or 8:30 - 18:30 - Working pattern includes weekend working on a rota basis. Bank holidays are also covered on a rota basis.About us
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description and main responsibilities, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Registered Nurse Level 1 or HCPC registered
- Evidence of recent CPD
- Demonstrate a broad post registration experience
- In-depth experience of working within a multidisciplinary team in an acute Trust
- Experience of discharge planning of complex patients
- Evidence of specialist knowledge relating to patient discharge
- Knowledge of relevant legislation relating to patient discharge
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of working with, or in Community healthcare
- Demonstrate excellent clinical assessment, planning, delivering and evaluation skills.
- Ability to manage complex patient cases.
- Ability to motivate and influence staff.
- Remain professional and focussed during pressurised situations.
- Ability to organise and prioritise a large and varied workload.
- Excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills.
- Ability to use IT systems including Careflow EPR, databases, Careflow workspace and other clinical and non-clinical systems required to perform the job role.
- Ability to lead meetings.
- Ability to manage own caseload with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow complex instructions and protocols accurately in short timescales.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to review & reflect on own skills & knowledge, and to lead own CPD in conjunction with supervisors & peers.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to interpret and relay patient discharge data.
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Bristol Royal Infirmary
Upper Maudlin Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.