The Trust is seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist to join the Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment (CRHT), Eastbourne. This vacancy has arisen due to a voluntary resignation and the Trust regards this as an opportune moment to develop the functioning of the team.
This post is one example of the commitment of the Trust to develop better provision and capacity for service name and the families and carers using the service in challenging times. This post completes the medical establishment of the team providing a minimum of 1 whole time equivalent Consultant Psychiatrists for the CDS or locality area.
This job attracts aRecruitment and Retention payment of �25,000,
in addition to(up to) �8000 relocation allowance.
The RRP payment is paid in the following instalments:
- �5000 payment paid on appointment
- �5000 retention payment paid at 12 month anniversary of employment
- �6500 retention payment paid at 30 month anniversary of employment
- �8500 retention payment paid at 48 month anniversary of employment
The Recruitment and Retention payment is pro rata for part time employees. If you would like further information, or to know the full terms of the Recruitment and Retention Payment and/or the Relocation Allowance, then please do not hesitate to contact our Medical Staffing Team - email@example.com
To find out more about what we offer please take a look at our careers portal:https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/Main duties of the job
You will be providing intensive and responsive crisis resolution and home treatment to adults aged 18 and over with a functional mental health problem, ensuing individuals are treated in the least restrictive way which is consistent with their clinical and safety needs.
On appointment you will have the opportunity to join the Trust wide consultant network as well as having access to peer support from colleagues here in East Sussex.
You will also be expected to:
- Manage the CRHT referrals, team meetings, supervision of non consultant medical staff
- Management of complex cases.
- Provide Clinical leadership to the multidisciplinary team.
- Role in assessment of referrals/admissions.
- Care plan and treatment formulation, guidance on evidence-based treatment and effectiveness.
- Liaison and collaborative working with other services/agencies.
- Mental Health Act implementation.
- Multi-disciplinary, multi-agency and partnership working.
- Other clinical duties, e.g. any other specialities covered.
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is a large NHS organisation that offers clinical and social care services to children, young people, adults and older adults, with emotional and mental health problems or learning disabilities.
The Trust benefits from a thriving Sussex-wide psychiatry training scheme where Health Education Kent, Surrey and Sussex provide foundation, GP, core and higher trainees. We work closely with Brighton and Sussex Medical School a partnership between the Universities of Brighton and Sussex.
Our vision is to improve the quality of life for the communities we serve . The clinical strategy and organisational strategy we have developed underpin this by providing frameworks to enable sustained improvements in the quality of care we provide.
Although this job is advertised as a 10 PA post, if you want to discuss different working hours or flexible working
please pick up the phone and talk to us! We want to hear your thoughts and ideas on how our jobs can work for you.
If you have neither lived or worked in Sussex before then please consider the following:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- A lifestyle including renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park
- Discovering the 140+ miles of scenic and historic Sussex coastline
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both close to the county, providing worldwide transport link
Please see job description and person specification attached for further details on other relevant local mental health services, geographical area(s) the post covers and details of the current multidisciplinary team establishment.
Perhaps you have not decided yet and want to discuss your individual interests in working at Sussex Partnership? Please get in touch using the contact details provided, we would love to talk to you!
**Please note the Job Description is with the Royal College for approval**Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCEEssential
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
ACADEMIC SKILLS & LIFELONG LEARNINGEssential
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Ability to work in and lead team
- Ability to work in a participatory way so that shared decision making and conversations around formulation/diagnosis and ongoing care are a collaborative endeavour with the people who access our service.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change or improved outcomes to patients
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Department of Psychiatry, EDGH
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.