Sheffield Teaching Hospitals is one of five Trusts involved in the formation of the South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw (SYB) Pathology Network. The aim of the Network is to deliver a Pathology Service that provides all SYB patients and clinicians with equitable access to high-quality, innovative laboratory medicine solutions that will ensure the best clinical outcomes for patients.
A collaborative Network will also provide rewarding job and career opportunities for all staff. An Outline Business Case, which described the Target Operating Model for the future Network, has been agreed between Partner Trusts.
The proposed Target Operating Model will ultimately lead to the consolidation of services across SYB. As work progresses to establish the Network, staff will be consulted about proposals that may involve them.Main duties of the job
Applications are invited from HCPC registered staff who are able to demonstrate expertise and extended practice in the areas of Immunology and who wish to challenge themselves and to further develop their professional skills in a supportive environment with full and comprehensive training. The department encourages suitably qualified BMS staff working in smaller Immunology departments to apply. Experience in flow cytometry testing would be advantageous.
We require a highly motivated, enthusiastic and conscientious individual with good scientific, communication and staff management skills who will assist us in running and developing the service. The ability to supervise and lead a team dedicated to quality and service development is essential.About us
You will be working for an organisation which values and respects all of its staff and the community it serves. The Trust is a leader in the NHS and research sectors and provides excellent benefits for its staff. This includes a firm commitment to professional development of it's staff together with the provision of an excellent health and well-being support service.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease view the attached Job Description and Person Specification documents for full details regarding this post. When completing your application please ensure that you clearly demonstrate how you meet the role criteria.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- HCPC registration
- IBMS Specialist Diploma in Immunology or equivocal experience.
- Must demonstrate expert skills and achievements relating to the key components of the job description.
- IBMS Specialist Diploma in Immunology
- IBMS Higher Specialist Diploma in Immunology
- MSc in relevant subject.
- Demonstrate leadership and supervisory skills.
- Ability to design, implement and monitor protocols, work accurately and with attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Demonstrate an aptitude to quickly learn, assimilate and apply technical and scientific knowledge.
- Demonstrate competence to develop and implement training programmes.
- Assess competence of others.
- Ability to work independently to achieve targets
- Advanced technical knowledge in relevant specialist areas.
- A strong theoretical and practical knowledge of analytical equipment instrumentation/methodology relevant to the service.
- Extensive experience post registration.
- Implementation of new methodology and technology.
- Knowledge and experience of Laboratory Quality Management System.
- Ability to adapt experience and apply in other areas of service activity.
- Advanced technical skills that are transferable to other parts of the service.
- Extensive experience post specialist portfolio.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Up to date CPD activity that demonstrates professional commitment working towards the needs of the service and the requirement to advance scientific knowledge in a rapidly changing environment.
- Scientific knowledge, e.g. troubleshooting, understanding requirements for introduction of a new test.
- Flexible approach to working
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Northern General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.