An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Prescribing Support Pharmacy Technician to join the primary care medicines management team in Aneurin Bevan University Health Board.Main duties of the job
The main responsibilities include:
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this role Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
- To provide technical assistance and support to the Prescribing advisors to aid the delivery of a prescribing support service provision to GP practices.
- Ensuring safe, evidence based and cost-effective prescribing
- This will involve carrying out prescribing audits, appropriate cost effective medication switches, and the development and implementation of safe repeat prescribing and medication review policies.
- Linking with community pharmacies when implementing changes.
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board is a multi-award winning NHS organisation with a passion for caring. The Health Board provides an exceptional workplace where you can feel trusted and valued. Whatever your specialty or stage in your career, we have opportunities for everyone to start, grow and build your career. The health board provides integrated acute, primary and community care serving a population of 650,000 and employing over 16,000 staff.
We offer a fantastic benefits package and extensive training and development opportunities with paid mandatory training, excellent in-house programmes, opportunities to complete recognised qualifications and professional career pathways including a range of management development programmes. We offer flexible working and promote a healthy work life balance, provide occupational health support and an ambitious plan for a Wellbeing Centre of Excellence to support you at work.
Our Clinical Futures strategy continues to enhance and promote care closer to home as well as high quality hospital care when needed. This includes the Grange University Hospital which provides specialist and critical care and is the newest addition to the clinical futures strategy opening in November 2020. Join us on our journey to pioneer new ways of working and deliver a world-class healthcare service fit for the future.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationEnglishEssential
- Level 3 or BTEC
- IT skills
- Communication skills
- Experience primary care GP pracrice
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- enthusiastic /Team player
Aneurin Bevan University Health BoardAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.