The Viral Hepatitis Team has an exciting opportunity for an exceptional band 7 Data Project Manager to join our Hepatitis C Operational Delivery Networks team.
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the post holder will be responsible for the data management and analysis of the Kent and South East London Hepatitis C Operational Delivery Networks. The team are responsible for the delivery of the Hepatitis C CQUIN requirements across the regions and the ideal candidate will have previous data analyst experience alongside project management experience, and involvement in service / pathway redesign and stakeholder engagement.
By joining our team you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging and innovative projects working towards the overall goal of HCV elimination by 2025, focussing on increasing case finding initiatives, improving access to treatment and enhanced data collection to demonstrate the effectiveness and equity of new ways of working.
This post is hosted by King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and based at the Denmark Hill site and will require travel and site working across South East London and Kent. Flexible and adaptable working in this post is key to ensure the demands and needs of both ODNs are met
For further details please contact:
Laura Gallagher, Programme Manager - Laura.Gallagher1@nhs.net or Magda Rocko, Senior Project Manager - Magdalena.Rocko@nhs.netMain duties of the job
The post holder will support the Viral Hepatitis Regional Programme Manager in the development and implementation of the South East London Hepatitis Operational Delivery Network and the Kent HCV Operational Delivery Network within King's and associated partners. The successful post hold will be responsible for the data management and analysis function of the Viral Hepatitis Networks, and will play a key role in providing the necessary analysis to inform the development and improvement of clinical care, and the resulting operational and financial impact.
The applicant will be involved in discussions with operational and clinical colleagues from project scoping through to embedding new ways of working as business as usual. The analysis provided will be vital in targeting efforts at the right areas to deliver the greatest service improvements across the regional networks and therefore a close working relationship with the clinical teams will be needed to understand how the regional networks and associated services operate.
The post holder will improve the way that viral hepatitis data is captured, in particular SVR data and ensure transparency and improved understanding across the regional networks to enable effective decision making and targeted programme delivery.
Some travel and onsite working at spoke and outreach sites across South East London and Kent is required.About us
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's largest and busiest teaching Trusts with a turnover of c�1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and around 14,000 staff based across 5 main sites in South East London. The Trust provides a full range of local hospital services across its different sites, and specialist services from King's College Hospital (KCH) sites at Denmark Hill in Camberwell and at the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) site in Bromley.
King's is committed to delivering Sustainable Healthcare for All via our Green Plan. In line with national Greener NHS ambitions, we have set net zero carbon targets of 2040 for our NHS Carbon Footprint and 2045 for our NHS Carbon Footprint Plus. Everyone's contribution is required in order to meet the goals set out in our Green Plan and we encourage all staff to work responsibly, minimising their contributions to the Trust's carbon emissions, waste and pollution wherever possible.
The trust-wide strategy Strong Roots, Global Reachis our Vision to be BOLD, Brilliant people, Outstanding care, Leaders in Research, Innovation and Education, Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at the heart of everything we do. By being person-centred, digitally-enabled, and focused on sustainability, we can take Team King's to another levelJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- Ensure the timely delivery of reporting, data analysis and provision of data to support the ongoing operations and strategic direction of the regional networks
- The post holder will ensure the quality assurance of data requests, analysis and pieces of development. This will involve using a mix of data sources
- Assist colleagues across the regional networks in gaining a greater understanding of the data that is key to driving improvement in their service
- The post holder will have the opportunity to complete ad-hoc exploratory analysis to try and identify further opportunities to be discussed with operational and clinical colleagues
- Analyse, understand and interpret and report data from multiple sources including Trust systems, Hepcare, UKHSA, the HCV registry, in a way that can be presented to non-analytical colleagues.
- To comply with current data protection legislation.
- Ensure that required national report to the HCV Registry, NHSE and other national audits (CQUIN) and local audit requirements are met, designing reports and liaising with the Information Technology department as necessary.
- Improve the way data is captured and ensure transparency and improved understanding to enable effective decision making
- Limit the clinical burden from data entry and validation and ensure clinical relevance of data entry
- Use national data definitions as the key source of truth for data recording
- Provide useful data back to the services to enable clinical ownership and accountability over data captured, and
- Be able to demonstrate clinical outcomes and the benefit of the services provide
- Develop and oversee the initial delivery of the work programme for data Improvement
- Develop gap analysis
- Contribute to the development of programme strategy on the basis of thorough data analysis
- Educated to Master's Degree level or equivalent experience in data analysis
- Extensive experience of analysing complex datasets effectively in a variety of settings. Experience of working with and combining data contained within different data sources.
- Ability to identify underlying problems by analysing information and finding effective solutions.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous role in service improvement or operational service experience equal to service manager level
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
King's College Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.