The Mental Health Liaison Service is a CORE 24 team working within Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill hospitals, specialising in providing mental health care within the acute hospitals. You will be joining an already well established team that will be ready to support you.
We are welcoming interest from Registered Mental Health Nurses, Registered Social Workers or Registered Learning Disability Nurses working either at or towards a Band 6 level, who have experience of working in liaison/front line and crisis services or those who have worked with patients with complex mental health difficulties. We are a 24/7 service therefore our shifts comprise of day and night shifts.
We are an ageless service working to address the mental health needs of people presenting to and receiving care in the acute setting. Common presentations include suicidal ideation, deliberate self-harm, depression, dementia, cognitive impairments, alcohol misuse, psychosis, adjustment to illness and physical and psychological co-morbidities. We assess and provide care planned interventions for people in the Emergency Department (ED) and from any ward across the hospitals.Main duties of the job
In this role you will
- Offer a Mental Health and Risk assessment service to an ageless patient group presenting at the general hospital with a broad range of mental health, psychological problems and diagnosed psychiatric illnesses.
- Be committed to the parity of esteem agenda, and work closely with both physical and mental health clinicians to ensure a seamless delivery of care.
- Provide a Mental health consultation, liaison and advice service throughout the departments.
- Assist and supporting general hospital colleagues in making decisions about treatment and care in complex situations.
- Provide formal and informal education and case consultation to registered and unregistered staff.
- Provide a communication structure between secondary mental health services, primary care and non-statutory services, as a means of ensuring the highest possible standards of patient care.
We are Lead by a Consultant Psychiatrist and Clinical Leads and we offer real commitment to your professional development.
Whilst Practitioners are expected to work autonomously providing mental Health assessments and interventions to our patients, there is an emphasis within the team of Multi-disciplinary working and managing care jointly. We are an extremely supportive team and hold a wealth of knowledge, experience and expertise within our team. We encourage this to be shared to promote learning and to provide the best and safest care possible to our patients and their families.About us
We are an award winning and CQC rated good health and social care Trust delivering integrated services across Hull, East and North Yorkshire. Find out more on our website
We are a forward thinking and dynamic Trust with a real commitment to staff development. We value our colleagues and invest in them to ensure they have the right skills to deliver outstanding care.
We are proud to score above or equal to the average for all NHS People Promise theme areas demonstrating our commitment to improve the experience of working in the NHS for everyone. Wherever you work we know you will receive a warm welcome and all the support you'll need to get you started.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and promotes equality whilst challenging discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
Work life balance is about having influence and flexibility over when, where and how you work. If the work pattern for this role does not meet your needs, we welcome an application and are happy to discuss working arrangements that differ from those advertised.
We offer a unique range of benefits that go above and beyond other NHS Trusts including an enhanced leave package and health and wellbeing support.
From city to countryside, market towns to moors you'll find a place to call home including some of the most affordable places to live in the UK.
Find out more and search live jobs.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further details with regards to this vacancy opportunity, please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information.
If you are interested in this post and would like further information then we would welcome you to contact Emma Hooley, Clinical Lead (email@example.com) oron 01482 226226. Please do not contact us for application forms.
Humber offer many staff benefits. For more information please access this link. https://online.flippingbook.com/view/899674617/Person SpecificationKnowledgeEssential
- Full understanding of relevant policy, legislation, drivers and their application to clinical and service area, e.g. Mental Capacity Act, Social Inclusion
- Full understanding/application of relevant clinical practice/standards/audit within identified clinical areanced level of practice
- Evidence of project work that has impacted on practice and demonstrates a higher level of communication/planning/change that impacts within own area of work/responsibility
- Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD) relevant to the clinical area at specialist level of care
- Evidence of development of specialist practice skills and able to demonstrate the impact of this on practice change/development
- Development of specialist/advanced level of practice skills and able to demonstrate the impact of this on practice change/development
- Leadership/management experience which has had a positive impact and created change within the service delivery/practice
- Post registration/graduate diploma or equivalent experience in related work area, to demonstrate advanced level of practice
- Demonstrable experience of mentoring pre-registration students
- Leadership training/qualification/experience
- Effective inter-personal skills and experience in supervising and mentoring
- Ability to demonstrate ethical values and attitudes within a culture of equality and diversity
Effort and EnvironmentEssential
- Ability to lead and motivate staff to embrace change
- Working knowledge of Trust policies and procedures in order to effectively lead and manage others
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Requirement for frequent concentration e.g. assessments, care plans. The work may be unpredictable.
- Ability to commute between the various sites
Humber Teaching NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Department of Psychological Medicine
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.