A high profile, accessible and responsive leader with managerial and clinical responsibility for the delivery of Advanced Practice in Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC), able to make informed decisions within their own speciality and scope of professional practice, involving patients and public to ensure agreed standards, targets and objectives are met.
The post holder will be an experienced healthcare practitioner with extensive knowledge, skills and experience in urgent and emergency care and be able to undertake to MSc Advanced Clinical Practice, supporting the clinical leader within the UTC. Using advanced They will autonomously assess patients including initial history taking, clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of care. They will demonstrate safe clinical decision-making and expert care, for patients providing appropriate clinical management plans and prescription of any medication required.
The post holder will demonstrate critical thinking in the clinical decision-making process. They will work collaboratively with the UTC and Emergency department team to meet the needs of patients, playing a key role in service delivery and adherence to policy and procedures. They will also be instrumental in guiding junior medical and nursing staff in relation to relevant protocols and procedures. *Please be advised there is a proposed interview date of 18th December 2023.*Main duties of the job
The post holder will be required to work within the UTC and whilst in training will have an opportunity to work alongside qualified Advanced Practitioners and medical colleagues undertaking primary and secondary assessments in the wider clinical areas in Emergency Medicine . They will work alongside medical, nursing, and multi-disciplinary colleagues in the management of these patients and will be provided support, guidance and advice as required.
Co-ordinate the care of the UTC patients throughout the care pathway with the multidisciplinary team and clinical services to ensure the effective management of this group of patients.
Closing Date: Please be advised that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please apply for this job as soon as you can, if interested.About us
- Accountable for own actions in accordance with the Code of Professional Conduct. Will contribute to corporate objectives, acting within local, Trust and statutory guidelines and policies at all times.
- Highly developed communication skills enabling maintenance of high-quality service within a complex and challenging environment with often, conflicting priorities.
- Assist the clinical and nursing teams, at all levels in the assessment and prioritisation of patients requiring intervention.
- Use advanced clinical assessment skills to autonomously manage patients with complex needs presenting to the UTC with an undifferentiated diagnosis to ensure that optimum physical and psychological care needs are met
We are extremely proud of our employees across our hospital sites, with high quality patient care at the heart of everything we do.
Boasting some of the most modern facilities in Western Europe, the Trust is renowned for being at the forefront of research and innovation as part of its blossoming reputation as a worldwide leader in healthcare.
We are proud to be recognised as a Pathway to Excellence designated organisation - please click the link for further details about this prestigious award. Pathway To Excellence - University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire (uhcw.nhs.uk)
By joining our exciting journey, you will form part of a passionate, talented team and will be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. There has never been a better time to join our team.
The Trust is committed to building an organisation that makes full use of the talents, skills, experience, and different perspectives available in our diverse society. We want everyone to feel they are respected, valued, can achieve their potential and receive the most appropriate and relevant care. We will create an environment where the equality and human rights principles of fairness, respect, equality, dignity and autonomy are promoted and are part of the organisation's core values.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
This is a great opportunity for a Practitioner to join the team at the UTC Coventry. The successful candidate will be offered the opportunity to undertake a MSc In Advanced Clinical Practice and progress from a Band 7 to an 8A Advanced Practitioner in UTC on successful completion of academic study, competency and demonstration of capability to work at a senior Practitioner level. The successful practitioner will be part of a friendly committed team of practitioners and will have the opportunity to develop the Advanced Practitioner role in the UTC. Whilst in training there will be the opportunity for the practitioner to undertake rotations in the wider Emergency and Acute Medicine group areas at UH Coventry and develop skills across Majors, Minors , and Resuscitation . The Practitioner will be supported with supervision and assessment and be able to access professional development opportunities within the Emergency Medicine group.
- Proactively develop treatment plans for patients requiring urgent intervention including fluid resuscitation, oxygen therapy, antibiotics or other urgent treatment.
- Undertake procedures such as cannulation, venepuncture, arterial blood gases to facilitate efficient urgent care in the context of acute illness or sudden deterioration
- Initiate relevant investigations such as X-ray, ECG and blood tests to enable timely diagnosis and facilitate early decision making.
- Prescribe and review medication, appropriate to patient needs in the context of acute illness, taking into account any treatment given previously for pre-existing medical conditions, providing information and advice to patients on prescribed medication regimens, side-effects and interactions
- Promote and deliver evidence-based care for patients presenting to the UTC.
Delivering quality service:
- Ensure own and others clinical practise is research based
- Prioritise, organise and manage own workload in a manner that maintains and promotes quality
- Critically evaluate and review innovations and developments that are relevant to the area of work
- Demonstrate continual evaluation of practice within the defined specialist area, making agreed changes where appropriate.
- Deliver care according to local and national guidelines ensure delivery of evidence-based care
- Initiate and participate in the maintenance of quality governance systems and processes across the organisation and its activities
- Utilise the audit cycle as a means of evaluating the quality of the work of self and the team, implementing improvements where required
- Evaluate patients response to health care provision and the effectiveness of care
- Continuously assess and monitor risk in their own and others practice and challenge about wider risk factors
Use a structured framework (e.g., root-cause analysis) to manage, review and identify learning from patient complaints For further details of the role please see attached job description Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential Desirable ExperienceEssential Desirable KnowledgeEssential Desirable SkillsEssential Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS TrustAddress
Coventry Urgent Treatment Centre
Stoney Stanton Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.