The North and South Mental Health and Wellness teams, in Waltham Forest is looking to recruit Social Workers, full time, to their bank at an enhanced rate.
The post holder will be working within a dynamic and friendly multi-disciplinary team. Applicants will have substantial experience of working within mental health setting and will possess excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills as well as evidence based knowledge of working in the Recovery Model framework.
The Successful candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside colleagues in the newly formed Open Dialogue cluster.All successful candidates will have the opportunity to participate in the projects and apply for training and development initiatives
You will be working as part of our multi-disciplinary team and will care coordinate a caseload of service users that have complex and challenging needs.
We require good IT skills and knowledge of using electronic recording systems. It is essential that you are willing to work flexibly within the demand of service.
You will work closely within a multi -disciplinary team and other agencies to deliver recovery focused health and social care interventions that includes managing risk and the Safeguarding of vulnerable adults.
The successful candidate will be expected to mentor MDT students and participate in on-going educational and research programmes.Main duties of the job
- Provide a range of intervention and assessment of patients, including those with multiple pathologies and complex mental health needs, taking into consideration the patient's physical/cognitive/perceptual skills to identify the patient's abilities and areas of difficulty.
- To be responsible for organising and prioritising own caseload in the day to day allocation of work, whilst being able to work flexibly to meet the needs of their patients, their relatives and carers and the service.
- To have organisational knowledge relating to Trust protocols and procedures and adhere to them
- To be responsible for providing accurate records of information required by the Trust for audit purposes
- To ensure effective risk management at team level by accident/incident reporting, assessing and controlling risk and ensuring residual risks are added to the Trust register
- To provide support and input to the Personalisation/ISA placement Lead regarding Personal Budgets and Placement Reviews.
- To ensure that risk assessment / management procedures are implemented including Safeguarding Children and Safeguarding Adult Procedures.
Do you want to be part of an innovative organisation that is committed to delivering the best care by the best people? We are looking to appoint people who are as passionate about high quality care as we are.
Here at NELFT, embracing a Just and Compassionate Culture is our commitment to our colleagues and to our patients that we will support and promote a culture based on fairness, respect, honesty, and trust, ensuring that we have consistent leadership behaviours and styles across the Trust. Our vision is to create an engaging place to work in partnership, where we value diverse perspectives and work in an environment in which you feel valued, supported, understood, and developed. Our professional relationships are built on a foundation of mutual respect, trust and honesty. We are committed to welcoming and making everyone feel valued here at NELFT.
We embrace continuous learning to improve patient outcomes and we provide outstanding professional development opportunities for our workforce. If you want to grow and progress your career with an organisation that values it's people, take the first step on an exciting career journey and join us today.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full details of this post are outlined in the attached job description.
For more information about working on the Temporary Staffing Bank please contact the Temporary Staffing Team on 0300 300 1530 option 1 option 1.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Social Work registration with Social Work England
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Working with adults who have complex mental health needs
- Working in an acute environment
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
Jane Atkinson Health and Wellbeing Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.