Solent NHS Trust is looking for physiotherapists to join its teams working on a 6 monthly rotational basis within the Portsmouth and Southampton areas.
This post is part of the combined Solent NHS Trust and Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust's Band 5 rotational programme, a truly integrated Band 5 rotational scheme between the two trusts.
There are currently over 40 rotations taking you into Acute, Community and Primary Care settings. These include opportunities on intensive care, acute wards in all specialties at Queen Alexandra Hospital, high level community care, rapid response teams, specialist community care and a multitude of musculoskeletal services at a variety of settings within the Solent NHS Trust area.
To start or develop your career, there is no better way. You will have the opportunity to work with highly expert and specialised clinicians who will teach you the skills you need to deliver excellent patient care and progress in your career.
We have a comprehensive competency, clinical supervision and CPD programme supported by highly skilled staff. All newly qualified health professionals are supported to excel as autonomous practitioners in the workplace by the multidisciplinary preceptorship programme which runs for a ten month period.Main duties of the job
- To meet the needs of patients and their families to achieve improved health outcomes and promote health and wellbeing whilst demonstrating care, compassion, competence, communication, courage and commitment.
- To undertake the comprehensive assessment of patients using investigative and analytical skills and seek guidance from senior staff as required.
- To devise an individualised physiotherapy management and/or treatment plan, using clinical reasoning skills, to utilise a range of treatment options in formulating a programme of care in consultation with the patient.
- To assess and treat own workload of patients / clients within a defined clinical speciality and maintain associated records.
- To hold responsibility for own caseload, as an autonomous practitioner and to manage this using evidence based / client centred principles
- To develop and maintain a culture of service improvement which promotes quality and safety and striving to do better.
- Participate in Continual Professional Development and other departmental activities.
- To communicate effectively with all patients and colleagues
- To supervise assistants / technicians and students.
- For this post you will need to hold a full UK driving licence and have access to the use of a car.
Make a difference with us
If you are looking for somewhere you can make a real difference and are passionate about keeping people safe, well and out of hospital, a career with us may be just what you're looking for. At Solent NHS Trust, we strive to make a difference to the health and wellbeing of our communities.
We are proud to be an organisation which is focused on our people and we welcome people who share our values to come and work with us.
To deliver great care that is safe, simple and easy to access
To be a caring, flexible and supportive place to work
To deliver the best value for money
Our shared values support the development of a strong working culture. They breathe life into our organisation -- guiding and inspiring all of our actions and decisions. They enable us to be better at what we do and create a great place for our staff to work, whilst ensuring we provide the highest quality of care to our patients.
In creating our values, we spent time listening to our employees and members. Based on what people told us, we created our HEART values to reflect the deep belief that we are caring organisation at the centre of our community: Honesty, Everyone counts, Accountable, Respectful, Teamwork.
We are an accredited Real Living Wage employer.
We encourage and support our staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against Covid-19.Job descriptionJob responsibilities*Please Note : For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description* Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy or equivalent
- HCPC Registration
Solent NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.