A new intermediate care facility within Gateshead is expecting to open in November 2023. In preparation Gateshead NHS Foundation Trust is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and talented Band 6 Nurse - 23hrs per week
The team will consist of Nurses, CNPs, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Rehabilitation Assistants, Local Authority support workers and supported by St Albans GP practice.
We provide comprehensive assessments, rehabilitation programs and supported discharges to patients to either prevent unnecessary admission to hospital or facilitate early supported discharge.Main duties of the job
You should be committed and have proven ability to deliver a high standard of care to patients within a bed based setting.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills, clinical skills and have the ability to manage and prioritise their own caseload whilst working as a member of the team.
The applicant needs to be flexible and able to meet the challenges of working in a busy setting. You will be joining a multi-disciplinary team which aims to prevent hospital admissions, facilitate safe and effective discharges home to live as independently as possible.
You will be required to be a car driver with access to your own vehicle and be able to travel within the community and trust sites.About us
Based in the North East of England we provide a range of hospital and community health services from our leading facilities including the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Blaydon urgent care centre and Bensham Hospital, all within Gateshead.
Established in 2005, we were one of the first foundation trusts in the country and since then have consistently achieved the highest levels of care for patients.
Alongside a full range of local hospital services, we provide breast screening services for Gateshead, South Tyneside, Sunderland and parts of Durham and we are the North Eastern hub for the National Bowel Cancer and AAA Screening Programmes, covering a population of around seven million people. In line with new legislation, all NHS staff and volunteers directly involved in patient facing roles will need to be fully vaccinated with both their first and second Covid vaccines by 1st April 2022. Gateshead NHS Foundation Trust provides CQC regulated activity and is required to ensure that staff and volunteers comply with these regulations when they come into force. Therefore, staff and volunteers who are appointed to join Gateshead NHS Foundation Trust working in roles 'in scope' of this legislation will be required to evidence their vaccination status as part of the routine NHS Pre Employment checks process.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To provide the highest standard of holistic care for patients through the utilisation of enhanced clinical skills and advice in the assessment and management of patients in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team to improve and maintain the quality and safety of patient care
- To contribute to the delivery and development of integrated care services through the use of effective evidence based practice in line with agreed national standards for clinical practice
- To be accountable for the planning and delivery of all aspects of patient care in relation to the integrated care and as set out in the NMC Code
- To continuously improve clinical care standards in line with the clinical governance framework to ensure the highest quality of care is provided in safest manner
- To work as a member of a clinical team in the provision of integrated care and knowledge
- To provide clinical advice and support to clinical staff within GHNT on the management and care of patients with complex needs which are best met by a multidisciplinary approach to care to facilitate the effective delivery of care to patients
- To communicate effectively with all members of the multi-disciplinary team, patients, carers and the public
- To act as a resource and role model for the profession at all times
- To provide education and training to clinical staff and internal /external agencies
- Support the provision of integrated care services and advice to other nursing staff, the wider multi-professional team, allied health professionals, patients and their families/carers
- Support the provision of education and training for nursing and allied health professionals including health promotion
- The post holder will be part of a team who provides high quality integrated care
- Registered Nurse 2 Years Experience
- Community / Intermediate Care Experience
- Experience of IT Systems - Careflow / EMIS / Nervecentre
- UK Driving Licence and use of own car for work
- Clinical skills
- Facilitating Learning in Practice
- Use and knowledge of PGDs
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good communication skills
Gateshead Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Sister Winifred Laver Centre
The Drive, Felling
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.