An exciting opportunity for a registered nurse to join our join our welcoming Orthopaedic Virtual Fracture Clinic and Fracture Clinic and team within the Trauma Directorate at St Marys Hospital London. We are looking to recruit a Band 5 Virtual Fracture Clinic Nurse who is keen to utilise their orthopaedic knowledge and skills, to provide safe, effective, efficient care for our Virtual Fracture and General Orthapaedic Clinic patients. We are looking for an energetic, dynamic, team player who wishes to further develop their clinical knowledge and management skills.
We are searching for a nurse, with exemplary problem solving skills ready to support the service leads as well as the Clinic Sister to support with the operational working within the fracture clinic on a day-to-day basis. A nurse prepared to make a positive impact towards our patient's care and outcomes while role modelling our Trust's values and expected behaviors.
The successful applicant must poses demonstrable communication, organisational and clinical skills as well as Orthopaedic nursing care management and must be committed to the continuous development of our staff and students while working as a visible role model.
In return, we are committed to the training and development of our staff within a diverse, supported, stimulating, challenging work environment.Main duties of the job
- You will work as part of a team to provide a safe, effective, efficient care for all patients, relatives and carers.
- You will be expected to be able to demonstrate procedures, mentor and supervise pre and post registration staff without direct supervision.
- You will be expected to support the Virtual Fracture Clinic services on a day-to-day basis, while maintaining high level of nursing standards.
- You will need to adhere to the Trust's Core Values and behaviours and encourage this in all other staff members.
- You will also be expected to adhere to the NMC Code at all times and demonstrate commitment to quality patient care through effective leadership and team working.
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities. We encourage staff to have the Covid vaccination to protect themselves, patients, other colleagues as well as the wider community.
Please note it is an operational requirement to comply with infection prevention and control procedures within the Trust such as lateral flow testing, handwashing and the wearing of masks, according to the procedures in place at any time or location.
As part of our continued response to Covid19 we are still conducting the majority of our interviews virtually.
We welcome discussions about flexible working and encourage a range of flexible working opportunities wherever we can.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducation/ qualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse
- Ability to practice within the scope of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Relevant post registration course.
- Teaching Qualification or equivalent experience.
- Experience of caring for sick patients in a variety of settings - this could be as a student
- Previous experience of speciality
- Willingness to develop teaching skills
- Ability to solve problems and use initiative
- Ability to develop own clinical skills and a willingness to participate in continuing professional development
- Basic IT skills - (eg. all Microsoft packages)
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of research and audit
- For specialist areas able to demonstrate sound knowledge of patient group
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
St Mary's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.