Are you Band 5 Staff Nurse or a Newly Qualified Nurse?
Whether you are about to Qualify, Newly Qualified or an experienced Staff Nurse, we want to meet you - and we have great opportunities.
We have a variety of Band 5 Acute Registered Nurse opportunities across the Trust.
Join Croydon Hospital as a Newly Qualified Nurse and you will be enrolled onto our preceptorship programme which helps to support the first 12 months of your career.
If you are experienced, you will have access to various training packages such as the compassionate leadership and accelerated development programme.
You will carry out all relevant forms of care under supervision and when proficient demonstrate procedures of care supervise junior qualified and / or unqualified staff including student nurses whilst maintaining a safe working environment. Your nursing career - your choice!Main duties of the jobMain duties
The post holder will provide a high standard of nursing care by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of patient care. To work closely with the Dept /Ward Manager and multi-disciplinary team.
Vacancies available, (subject to change).
Please state TWO
areas of interest at the beginning
of your statement. We will consider these AND
if we unable to offer, an alternative will be provided. Acute Medical Unit
- Acute unit made up of 46 beds. 14 are High Dependency
- Admissions and discharges of surgical patients
- NOTE Shift pattern Mon - Fri
Croydon offers flexible start dates Interview date - Please indicate which date you prefer on your statement
- Medical ward - Respiratory
Tuesday 19th December
Thursday 11th January About us
Croydon is a busy, exciting and diverse place to work. The borough has one of the most diverse populations in London and continues to grow.
Croydon Health Services cares for local people at Croydon University Hospital, Purley Memorial Hospital and in clinics and people's homes. Please note this advert is for nurses who are currently residing and have the right to work in the UK - if you are interested in applying as an international candidate, please contact Capital Nurse.
This is NOT
an open day and only those shortlisted will be invited to attend an interview.About us
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust provide hospital and community services from a number of community and specialist clinics throughout Croydon. The Trust was formed on 1st August 2010 through the integration of Croydon Community Health Services and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust. Around 4,100 staff provide services for a population of over 360,000 people who are relatively young with a high level of ethnic diversity.Our main hospital site, Croydon University Hospital is one of the busiest in London. We're also leading the way in providing more healthcare outside hospitals at clinics, specialist centres and in people's homes. Our experienced district nursing teams, Allied Health Professionals and community matrons look after people of all ages across Croydon.Across the NHS everyone is working hard to meet growing demand and we're no exception. But with the right people on board, we are rising to this challenge, putting our people in the driving seat, encouraging innovation and transforming our services to give local people the quality of care they deserve. Croydon Health Services puts a great deal of importance on education and training throughout the careers of all of our staff.If you want the opportunity to have a real impact, challenge yourself and be part of an NHS Trust that's making a real difference then a career at Croydon Health Services could be just what you're looking for.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached supporting document (Job Description) which contains more information about the rolePerson SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- Current Registered with the NMC or working towards
- Degree in Nurse related specialty or working towards
Knowledge & UnderstandingEssential
- Mentorship or teaching qualification
- Post registration experience
- Demonstrates awareness of current changes in the NHS - in particular related to Nursing
- Knowledge of clinical effectiveness, research and audit
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload
- Ability to use computers and software such as Word/Excel or the equivalent
- Competent in the administration of intravenous medication
- Flexible Role model
- Ability to work under pressure and seek help when required
- Able to demonstrate reflective practice
- Team Player
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates the ability to undertake challenging conversations
- Counselling or coaching skills
- Experience of working in an acute hospital setting
- Evidence of further education, training and on-going learning
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Supervision/Reflective practice
Croydon University Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Croydon University Hospital 530 London Road Croydon Surrey CR7 7YE
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.