The Frailty Practitioner provides knowledge in all aspects of acute frailty services. This will involve the management of frailty patients through the acute frailty service pathway including within the Emergency Department and Same Day Emergency Care service. The post-holder is expected to deliver high-quality, evidence based care in a variety of care settings, working as part of the multidisciplinary team.Main duties of the job
About usAbout the Trust
- Active participation in multi-disciplinary care including screening for frailty, the comprehensive geriatric assessment [CGA], Same Day Emergency Care [SDEC] and virtual ward services.
- Keeping accurate records of patient contact
- Providing skilled assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of frailty conditions within defined guidelines and protocols
- Providing specialist care to patients who have frailty throughout the Trust
- Ordering, performing and interpreting relevant clinical test and investigations
- Providing expert frailty advice and guidance to medical, nursing and other MDT colleagues.
- Recognise SPC (specialist palliative care team) as a key relationship and consider Advance Care Planning and use of the UCP (urgent care plan, London care record Cerner etc) as patient centred, admission avoidance tool
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provide services from two main hospitals, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital, and a number of clinics across London and the South-East.
We have nearly 7,000 members of staff that are PROUD to Care
for nearly one million people. Both hospitals provide full clinical services, including full maternity, emergency and children's, in addition to a range of community-based services across London, such as award-winning sexual health and HIV clinics.
We're one of the best performing Trusts in the country. We're also one of the top trusts to work for - our staff says they're engaged, motivated, and would recommend us as a place to work and receive treatment.Our Trust has been rated by the Care Quality Commission as 'Good' in all five of the main domains of safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led, giving an us overall rating of 'Good'. We've also been awarded an'Outstanding' rating for 'use of resources' by an NHS Improvement inspection.
Our facilities are some of the best in the country. We have been investing significant Capital year on year in our estate.We have recently completed a �30m expansion of our adult and neonatal critical care facilities at Chelsea and Westminsterand are planning an ambitious �60m development of an Ambulatory Diagnostics Centre at West Middlesex.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Work both autonomously and as part of the wider MDT in the management of a caseload of patients across the Acute Frailty Service including within the Emergency Department and Same Day Emergency Care [SDEC] service.
- Maintain effective communication with patients, carers and professionals to ensure optimal service delivery.
- Engage effectively in the screening and assessment of frailty conditions including falls and delirium.
- Be able to respond urgently and undertake a rapid assessment safely and effectively to prevent hospital admission, facilitate timely discharge or prevent clinical deterioration.
- Undertake an MDT led comprehensive geriatric assessment including ordering, performing and interpreting relevant clinical examinations under the supervision of senior clinician, as well as providing advice and education to patients and the wider multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintain awareness of own professional limitations, act within own scope of practice and agreed guidelines and protocols. Make use of professional judgement when managing complex or unpredictable situations.
- Provide health promotion and advice to frail patients to reduce the risk of deterioration and related complications.
- Plan and conduct appropriate follow up of frail patients to ensure safe and effective acute frailty service delivery.
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- HCPC or NMC registration
- Non medical prescriber
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
369 Fulham Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.