This is an exclusive opportunity for the post holder to deliver and gain experience in one of the governments largest health major infrastructure projects. The MMUH Programme due to open in 2024 is #MoreThanAHospital, delivering large scale transformation for our Patients, People and Population.
With circa a year to go until the hospital opens, the postholder joins the team at an exciting time working direct to the Managing Director who as the senior responsible officer is accountable for the MMUH Programme, meeting its objectives, realising the required benefits and influencing and managing the complex stakeholder environment into which project outcomes will be delivered.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience working in a large organisation, with experience of strong relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders including Director level. The successful candidate should be able to work effectively in a fast-paced work environment and practice the Trust values of Ambition, Respect and Compassion. This post is ideal for ambitious corporate office leaders or aspiring senior operational managers as they gain exposure working within a major strategic transformation programme.
The post is fixed term ending in March 2025. The successful candidate will be supported in their professional career development throughout their service.Main duties of the job
The post holder is directly accountable to the MMUH Managing Director and will hold a corporate programme office and project portfolio to support the Managing Director run the Programme Company effectively.
Acting as a principal link between the Managing Director and MMUH Programme Company team and stakeholders, the MMUH Programme Company Business Manager is assistant to the Managing Director, keeping their personal portfolio of work on track particularly related to achieving the purpose of the Programme, to Open MMUH Safely and to realise the programme strategic benefits.About us
Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust (SWBT) is an integrated careorganisation with a budget of approximately �600 million and over 7,000 staff. Diversity and social care is at the core of what we do as the Trust provides Community and Acute Services to over half a million people in an urban centre that demands massive regeneration and has substantial premature mortality.
Our new acute hospital, the Midland Metropolitan University Hospital (MMUH), opens in 2024 and will provide care to our local population from first class, purpose-built premises.As a result, the base of this role may change to MMUH from 2024 (or beyond). If this is applicable to your role, you will be informed during the recruitment process and continuing your application with this understanding.The development of the new hospital will play an important role in the regeneration of the wider area and in improving the lives of local people and reducing health inequalities.
We have three newly emerging strategic objectives: Our People - to cultivate and sustain happy, productive and engaged staff Our Patients - to be good or outstanding in everything we do Our Population - to work seamlessly with our partners to improve live Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details on what this role entails.
The post holder work portfolio will include:
- Ensuring programme management assurance systems are in place, so that an auditable programme archive is maintained.
- Coordinating of effective executive level stakeholder management, preparing briefings and overseeing outcomes are delivered to progress the programme strategic objectives.
- Liaising effectively and working in partnership across a range of internal and external stakeholders, as well as building and maintaining effective working relationships with other offices.
- Supporting the programme critical path by shaping agendas and follow up on specific work where appropriate.
- Managing the flow of information to the Managing Director, including triaging requests, and reviewing and commissioning assurance paper submissions, briefing members of the Programme Company leadership team, enabling the smooth running, high morale and high performance of the team.
- Effectively demonstrate line management responsibilities for the Programme Administration team and act as a budget holder.
- Educated to Masters level or equivalent Professional Qualification/experience
- Evidence of continuous personal and professional development
- PRINCE 2 Qualification or equivalent project management qualification
- Significant experience of managing projects
- Experience of using Project Management tools and technique
- Experience of strong relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of working in a large organisation
- Experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders internally and externally including at Director level
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of proven changes
- Private secretary experience
- Corporate office management experience
Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS TrustAddress
Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust
West Bromwich/ Birmingham
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.