We are seeking a Construction Supervisor who is responsible for the supervision of contractors carrying out capital works projects planning and organising agreed programmes of construction work on a wide range of buildings, plant and equipment.Main duties of the job
- To directly supervise contractors at all establishments owned or maintained by the Trust, monitoring timekeeping and discipline.
- Plan construction work activities (including contractor programmes and out of hours work plans) allocating physical resources and assistance as needed.
- Assist with the selection of contractors.
- Ensure that all work is undertaken using the correct equipment, by contractor staff having the necessary skills, certification and training to undertake the task.
- Assist with raising departmental orders for plant, equipment and services within budgetary limits.
- Work overtime to supervise out of hours works as required by management.
- At all times on duty to carry Trust communication devices to facilitate immediate response to emergencies.
- To work in accordance with the requirements of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 as appointed Competent Person (Asbestos).
The Estates, Facilities and Planning team provide support to a wide range of departments across the Trust and we're responsible for ensuring a safe, compliant and efficient environment for healthcare activity to take place in.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Co-ordinate the work activities of external contractors. Recording all service/work visits and assess activities are in compliance with service level agreements/construction contracts.
- To liaise directly with clients and to prioritise the activities of contractors undertaking works and general maintenance activities under maintenance and/or direct contract.
- Act as a single point of contact regarding contracted out works and to arrange the supply of goods and/or services as necessary.
- Ensuring that asbestos policy is adhered to with respect to contractors and in-house maintenance activities.
- Provide technical advice and support on systems & equipment to contractors and in-house staff appointed for major capital projects and minor upgrade works.
- Interpret detailed drawings and specifications to instruct and advise others.
- Issue Hot-Work-Permits, Roof Access Permits, Excavation and co-ordinate site access (notifying Security & issuing keys as required).
Contact suppliers/wholesalers assess costs and delivery times in accordance with the Trust procurement procedures.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- Completion of a 3 year structured training program (Apprenticeship) in construction or engineering or equivalent education qualification
Education and qualificationsEssential
- Level 4 Qualification in Construction or a related professional qualification
- CSCS Card or working towards
Experience and knowledgeEssential
- Management Qualification or related professional qualification
- Knowledge of Building Maintenance (all general aspects)
Experience and knowledgeEssential
- Experience of working in a Healthcare environment
Skills, abilities and competenciesEssential
- Experience of working within a 'live' construction site environment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Highly motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Can promote, monitor and maintain best practice in health, safety and security
- Able to develop and maintain communication with people on a range of matters
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
James Paget University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.