The Medical Photography service for Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust is an evolving service that is growing to meet the needs of its patients and clinicians.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Clinical Photographer to join our busy 3 site department based in beautiful Buckinghamshire. This opportunity comes as the department enters an exciting period of change and service growth.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced clinical with at least 3 years' experience.
You will have experience in all aspects of medical photography and will be able to demonstrate the ability to work innovatively and without supervision.
You will work alongside other team members to ensure a professional and efficient experience for our patients and provide effective clinical imaging support to all of our service users.Main duties of the job
Responsible for providing a high standard of clinical photography in all situations ensuring that this is undertaken with speed, dexterity and accuracy to ensure that the patients' treatment is not delayed or disrupted. Including but not restricted to:- Photographic studios, OPD clinics, wards, operating theatres and mortuary, incorporating standarddepartmental operating practices and procedures.To be responsible for understanding all relevant issues regarding patient consent for clinical photography and is able to provide advice about appropriate policy, techniques and image management to Trust staff.To provide ensure all photography work falls within national and local guidelines and is fully compliant with all Trust policiesAbout us
Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work!
What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
As part of our BHT family, youll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
We offer flexible and agile working opportunities, alongside your NHS benefits of generous annual leave entitlement, pension and access to NHS discount schemes.
We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
Why work for us?
Were committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
Greater diversity within our BHT family improves positive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
What do we stand for?
Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.Person SpecificationEDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAININGEssential
SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Degree or equivalent experience in clinical photography.
- Evidence of CPD
- Attendance at relevant short courses.
- HPC Registration
- Clear concise oral and written communication skills in order to deal with a range of staff and patients.
- Manual Handling skills.
- Ability to deal with complaints and different situations, e.g. under-taking photography for non-accidental injury.
- Ability to work under own initiative and part of a team
- Manipulation of technical and lighting equipment - speed and accuracy required.
- Keyboard skills.
- Ability to organise own time
- Comprehensive knowledge of medical photographic techniques and procedures.
- A working knowledge of the hospital environment.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology including signs and symptoms of diseases for diagnostic purposes
- Comprehensive expertise in the operation of computers, office programmes and image manipulation packages, at cross platform level.
- Good experience of photography in operating theatres, mortuaries, clinics, wards, in the studio and on location
- A full range of specialist photographic skills for both clinical and non-clinical photography.
- At least 3 years experience of clinical photography including plastic surgery, orthodontics, dermatology and ophthalmology
- Digital clinical photography and related specialist software applications
- Image management system, use, maintenance and audit
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel to other sites.
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.