This is a really exciting time to join us in Cancer Services at Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust. Based on feedback from the people who work with us and the people we care for, in 2023 we will be launching our new Cancer Strategy. A supported, diverse and clinically enabled workforce will be central to our main objectives. We have therefore created several new roles and are remodelling how we provide nursing support to the delivery of high quality, person-centred care. We are investing in our people and we value strong front-line clinical leadership. As an organisation our CARE values are at the heart of everything we do, and in cancer services it is vital you are compassionate, committed to high quality care and have the skills and abilities to contribute to generating and delivering the latest in evidence based practice.
This particular role provides an opportunity to work with the multi-disciplinary team to provide treatment for patients with an oncological or haematological diagnosis.
The SACT Nurse will assess patients' health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload of cancer patients. The post holder will assist in the delivery of care to meet individuals' health and wellbeing needs throughout the cancer treatment pathway, including administration of SACT. The post holder will assist in maintaining and developing cancer services and contribute to quality improvement within cancer services.Main duties of the job
This nurse is a member of a multi-professional team whose aim is to deliver a co-ordinated, comprehensive and holistic service for patients with a cancer and haematology diagnosis.
They will work together with the Clinical Nurse Specialists and other Chemotherapy and Haematology nurses to deliver an excellent patient focused service for patients having all aspects of treatment including chemotherapy, transfusion. They will deputise for more senior team members in their absence, in all aspects of theirAbout usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! - https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.Person SpecificationEDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAININGEssential
- Registered nurse with NMC pin
- Degree (working towards)
- Care of Patient receiving Cytotoxic Chemotherapy or willingness to undertake
- Willingness to undertake Intrathecal Chemotherapy checking training
- RGN with relevant experience
- Chemotherapy experience at Band 5 or above
SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Oncology/Haematology experience
SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCESEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- IV administration
- Management of central lines cannulation & venepuncture
- Administration of blood products
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Queen Alexandra Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.