The post holder will take a strategic lead alongside the Head of Safeguarding to ensure that processes are in place to safeguard children and adults at risk from harm.
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring comprehensive and robust safeguarding arrangements are in place across Cardiff and Vale UHB, and will provide specialist advice relating to safeguarding, supervision and support to multi-disciplinary teams and practitioners. This will include supporting practitioners in raising safeguarding alerts, making referrals and attending/ chairing multi-agency strategy meetings.
The role involves chairing health led safeguarding allegations/ concerns about practitioners and those in a position of trust cases, as referenced in the Wales Safeguarding Procedures (2019). This role involves highly developed skills in working collaboratively with UHB teams such as the Concerns Team, Patient Safety Team and Workforce Development Team. As well as Multi-agency partners from Local Authority Teams for children and adults at risk, Police, Probation and Education.Main duties of the job
The post holder will contribute to the work of the Regional Children and Adult Safeguarding Boards attending meetings and sub groups as identified by the Head of Safeguarding and the Deputy Executive Nurse Director. This will include promoting high quality and effective partnership and inter-agency working. An imperative part of this role is working in partnership with Cardiff and Vale of Glamorgan Local Authority and South Wales Police.
The purpose of this post is to support the Deputy Executive Nurse Director, Head of Safeguarding and the Clinical Board Nurse Directors in ensuring the highest standard of safeguarding practice is provided, monitored and evaluated. In addition, to provide clear clinical leadership and expert support for the Health Lead Practitioners (HLP) in each Clinical Board, ensuring professional standards and corporate requirements are met.
There are Strategic duties, Professional Role and Development standards and Safeguarding Team Operational Management duties incorporated within the role.About usCardiff and Vale University Health Board
is one of the largest Integrated Health Boards in the UK, employing over 15,000 staff, providing over 100 specialist services. Working across 6 hospital sites, we have a diverse range of career opportunities to offer. Serving around 500,000 people living in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan, we are focussed on the health and care needs of our local population whilst working with our partners to develop regional services.
Our mission is Caring for People, Keeping People Well,
and our vision is that every person's chance of leading a healthy life should be equal. As an organisation we are unashamedly ambitious for our population's health, rising to the challenges of today and tomorrow through our 10-year strategy, Shaping our Future Wellbeing. We are contributing to a healthier Wales with great emphasis placed on innovation and improvement, learning from around the world and leading the way in clinical research. Partnership working is strong at Cardiff and Vale, and we work closely with our staff and our community.
Cardiff, the thriving Welsh capital, is a fantastic city to live and work in with an abundance of sports, arts and cultural attractions. Situated to the west of Cardiff, the Vale of Glamorgan offers a combination of beautiful Welsh countryside and a dramatic natural coastline. Whether city life or rural living, Cardiff and the Vale offers the best of both worlds.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To deputies for the Head of Safeguarding as required
- In the absence of the Head of Safeguarding the post holder must have the ability and awareness of when to escalate concerns to the Executive and Deputy Nurse Director and/or the Executive Medical Director
- Work with partner agencies to undertake child and adult practice reviews, domestic homicide reviews and Cardiff and Vale UHB investigations, ensuring the lessons learnt and action plans are identified and implemented, with recommendations embedded in practice
- Work in close collaboration with other agencies to promote ways of working which ensure that inter-agency boundaries are not obstacles for achieving outcomes and patient safety
- Make judgements with regard to complex situations and sensitive information relating to child and adult safeguarding, including the identification and assessment of risk, and in doing so ensure compliance with national legislation and guidance
- Establish links with regional and national networks in order to ensure that local operational guidance is informed by agreed best practice and that local procedures form part of a wider coordinated framework
- Ensure that the Wales Safeguarding Procedures (2019) are disseminated and implemented across the UHB
- Participate and contribute in the Public Health Wales National Safeguarding Service, annual work plan under the guidance of the Head of Safeguarding
- Contribute to the sharing of good practice within and between teams, Directorates and Clinical Boards
- Special Knowledge
- Personal Qualities
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Teaching Qualification or experience
Cardiff and Vale University Health BoardAddress
Cardiff and Vale University Health Board , Headquarters
Woodland House, Maes Y Coed Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.