Speech & Language Therapist Band 5
The Alder Hey Community Speech & Language Therapy Service is looking to recruit Speech & Language Therapists to work in the Liverpool and / or Sefton locality.
We offer the successful candidates a range of benefits including a named preceptor to support you in the transition from being a new graduate to completing your competencies, fantastic peer support, clinical development opportunities, and access to a range of clinical specialists!
If you are already working as an SLT and wish to join, you'll be offered the same with a named supervisor to provide ongoing supervision in line with RCSLT guidelines.
Alder Hey have staff networks to support equality, diversity and inclusion, and access to SALS Pals for mental health and well-being support within the team.Main duties of the job
To provide a high quality speech and language therapy service to children aged 0-19 in a variety of community settings including clinics, nurseries and schools, and patients homes.
Provide therapeutic intervention to children with communication difficulties throughout every transition stage to adulthood.
Work collaboratively with other partner agencies and carers to enable them to understand the communication impairment and to provide appropriate support and intervention.
Successfully complete the requirements of the RCSLT competency-to-practice framework.About us
Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust is a provider of specialist health care to over 275,000 children and young people each year. In addition to the hospital site located in the West Derby area of Liverpool, there is a growing presence in community outreach sites.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Assess the speech, language and communication needs of the children / young people, and collaborate with their parent / carer to formulate therapy plans in line with the Care Aims Model of Service Delivery.
Provide therapy to the children and young people through direct work, programmes of activities, workshops and groups.
Manage and prioritise own workload and a defined caseload with the support of a named clinical supervisor.
Please see job description attached for further detailsPerson SpecificationEducation & TrainingEssential
- Recognised Speech and Language Therapy degree qualification or equivalent.
- Health & Care Professional Council - Licence to practise.
- Registered member of Royal College of Speech and Language Therapy.
- Working with children with Speech, Language & Communication difficulties at Undergraduate level
- Working with children with Speech, Language & Communication difficulties at a post-graduate level.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Assessment tools relevant to the client group.
- A range of appropriate interventions relevant to the client group.
- National policies and procedures relevant to the client group.
- Awareness of the principles of clinical governance/audit.
- Awareness of the roles of other professionals relevant to the client group.
- Awareness of standards of record keeping.
Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kilby House, Liverpool Innovation Park
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.