Paediatric Research Nurse 1yr Fixed Term Contract Hours of work - 18.75 per week (being advertised as two posts), Rotational day and night - primarily day shifts.
A fantastic opportunity for a nurse to join the PICU research team.
An experienced PIC nurse ready for a new challenge?
Keen to learn new skills and develop your CV for future career progression?
Interested in research and keen to actively participate in improving evidence-based care?
If so... get in touch!
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced PIC nurse to join the research team as a band 6. You'll have the opportunity to learn about setting up and carrying out research studies, research governance, receiving informed consent and much more.
You will work closely with both the established PIC research team and the Women and Children's research teamMain duties of the job
The research nurse is expected to support the management and leadership of the research delivery, clinical and support teams within paediatric intensive care (PIC). S/he will have knowledge and understanding of the regulatory and legal frameworks related to the planning, undertaking and closure of clinical research studies and therefore acts as a resource for staff, researchers, research participants and patients.
S/he will take a lead or co-lead in ensuring the safe and effective delivery of studies undertaken within PIC and will work collaborative with other clinical teams, children, and families across Bristol Royal Hospital for Children (BRHC).
Whilst working within PIC, the post holder(s) will be fully integrated to the W& C Divisional Research Unit where they will receive professional support, guidance, and development. All studies post holder(s) undertake within PIC will comply with the W& C Divisional Governance Structures.About us
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description and main responsibilities, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationEducation & TrainingEssential
- Children's Registered Nurse with current NMC registration
- Children's Critical Care Course
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Undergraduate degree in Nursing, Science or Health related discipline
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Training / Course
- Post graduate qualification in research
- Teaching qualification
- Broad knowledge and experience of clinical nursing practice within an acute hospital environment appropriate to the Women's & Children's Division
- Clinical, organisational and management experience
- Knowledge of Data Protection Act 1984 and Caldicott principles
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Research nursing experience
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of the regulatory and legal frameworks related to undertaking clinical research
- Knowledge of research design and methodology
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and willingness to develop computer skills further
- Experience in taking consent in clinical trials
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Broad range of clinical nursing skills
- Evidence of good teamwork skills
- Budgetary and resource management skills
- Good report writing, a focus on accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise, ensuring effective and efficient workload completion
- Ability to work flexibly according to role need
- Enthusiasm for and desire to embed research within clinical practice
- Proactive in professional development for self and others
- Personal focus on the 6 Cs: Care, Compassion, Courage, Commitment, Competence & Communication
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to gain influence and motivate people
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Bristol Royal Hospital for Children
Upper Maudlin St
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.