The post holder will be expected to have significant clinical experience, provide sound clinical expertise to their team, and coordinate and deliver high quality care. They will be a role model for expert clinical care, and lead on specific projects / management functions as delegated by the Sister / Charge Nurse. They will role model the identified Trust values at all times. To assess care needs and develop, implement and evaluate them without supervision
They will be the assigned deputy for their manager, coordinating clinical, managerial and education requirements of the area, and being a role model for team members, whilst delivering and overseeing high standards of care.
In specialist settings, they will have a significant level of specialist clinical knowledge and expertise in the clinical functions of care delivery. They will provide advice and guidance also, and generally be known as a senior staff nurse.Main duties of the job
- Lead on assessing planning and implementing high quality care, and evaluating care options for patients in the clinical area.
- Lead on complex clinical care for patients within their area
- Ensure the safe custody, maintenance and administration of medication.
- Promote and maintain a safe therapeutic environment for patients, their families and staff.
- Coordinate discharges and transfers ensuring that patient flow and the management of beds is effective and safe
- Maintain a good understanding and implementation of clinical escalation.
- Ensure that the team promote, ensure and adhere to the Trust safeguarding polices
- Practice in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and other appropriate NMC guidelines
- Be aware of Clinical Governance, confidentiality, policies and protocols.
- Understand local audit processes.
- Actively support and assist in preceptorship.
- Develop and deliver or organise local training sessions.
- Apply and encourage others to utilise evidence based practice and relevant research findings in practice
- Participate in clinical supervision / acting as supervisor
- Be a shift coordinator on a regular basis where appropriate
- Take continuing responsibility for the Ward / Department in absence of manager
- Develop and maintain effective communication and working relationships with MDT.
- Initiate action on complaints & incident management and responses, and assist in their investigation and resolution
- Undertake appraisals of staff, following training
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A& E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the publicJob descriptionJob responsibilities
To view the main responsibility, please see the attached the Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationessentialEssential
- RSCN qualification
- HDU course or equivalent
- A& E teaching qualification
- Previous experience with HDU
- IV competent with CVAD competency
Employer detailsEmployer name
- communication skills
- shift coordinating experience
London North West University Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Northwick Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.