Did you know that CLCH are an inclusive employer promoting flexible working!
Our integrated care services in Harrow are looking for community nurses and will consider flexible working to fit around other commitments.
Our overall vision at Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust is to provide great care closer to home. This is supported by our four key values reflecting our commitment to quality, to collaborative and supportive internal and external relationships, our focus on delivery and working well with our communities.
We are looking for compassionate and enthusiastic individuals to come and join our diverse, supportive, and kind teams.
We have a diverse and inclusive team who work collaboratively to support our patients to maintain and manage their quality of life and to keep our patients safe.
We are passionate about the delivery of good quality care and the delivery of a progressive service.We are highly committed to providing the best possible experience to the people we serve. To do that, we will support you to be the best that you can in your role and will support your continued development and career progression.
You will have access to the CLCH Academy, providing opportunities for continued development, research, supervision and mentoring. You can also get involved in teaching and the writing of case studies to share your skills, knowledge and show case your work.Main duties of the job
- You will work as part of an integrated team
- You will work in partnership with patients and their families to develop and agree tailored health plans to address their needs
- You will actively participate in service development activities
- You will work in collaboration with other health care and service providers to ensure seamless delivery of services for clients and communities
- You will manage a team within the locality
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Support with gaining your driving license *T& C's apply
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here: https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefitsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description for full list of responsibilities Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationEssential
- To lead and manage a designated community nursing team, taking overall responsibility for the assessment, management and evaluation of evidence based nursing care to patients in a variety of community settings,
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the team and its performance.
- To promote effective teamwork within the wider Primary Health Care Team, delegating activities appropriately, to the benefit of the patient and to service delivery.
- To monitor the quality of care provision and to identify and promote areas for service development.
- To support the Service Manager and clinical lead in delivering high quality care that delivers best value, and meets the requirements of commissioners.
- To work in partnership with key stakeholders to ensure high quality, integrated and seamless care is delivered.
- To act as a key point of contact for GPs and other general practice staff.
- To ensure that each member of the nursing team is competent, able to meet the full needs of their clients and operates to high standards.
- To be responsible for the effective management of a caseload, and to provide proactive case management to prevent unnecessary admission to hospital.
- To work within and across professional and organisational boundaries, liaising with GPs other professionals as well as statutory and voluntary agencies to deliver individualised and expert nursing care to a high standard to client, and leading communication with all stakeholders.
- To be responsible for providing practical teaching support to improve staffs clinical competency. In addition, the post holder will deal with performance issues as well as facilitating learning and providing assessment, mentorship and preceptorship to specific students and newly appointed staff.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Registered Nurse with current UK NMC registration
- Post-registration qualification in district nursing or equivalent
- Nurse prescribing appropriate to role.
- Evidence of continuing professional education and training at degree level
- Qualification in team / service management or prepared to work towards
- Relevant specialist courses
- Mentor or practice-based learning training
- Community or Independent Nurse Prescribing qualification or prepared to work towards
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Honeypot Lane Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.