An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic individual to join the Scarborough Community Hub as an Advanced Complex Care Practitioner. We are looking for a skilled, organised, and dynamic Nurse with community experience to recruit as an Advanced Complex Care Practitioner (ACCP). You will need to be hard-working, patient focussed, passionate, driven, with a problem-solving approach to patient and team management.
You will work in an integrated multidisciplinary team, including community nursing, therapies, and the Virtual Frailty Ward, also working closely with social care, GPs and voluntary sector colleagues to deliver individualised, safe and effective, high-quality care.
The post holder will proactively identify service users' needs, be able to quickly identify a deteriorating patient, have knowledge and experience of caring for those with complex long-term conditions within their home environment understanding the experiences of patients and their families. With the overall aim of supporting patients to remain at home or in their normal place of residence, avoiding unnecessary hospital admissions. Also facilitating early discharge where patients have been hospitalised.
You will work as an autonomous practitioner and will be confident working collaboratively with colleagues across a wide range of professions and organisations.Main duties of the job
Come and join our community integrated team delivering our vision to improve health and wellbeing in our local community through high-quality, person-centred care. There will be an excellent induction program and clinical supervision support. You will be encouraged to develop expert skills in the area in order to take a lead role in clinical practice issues, raising the profile of the service and offering specialist advice to planning and service development teams in order to assist in the implementation of service improvements.
ACCPs manage a complex caseload of service users providing:
- Robust clinical triage identifying appropriate referrals from across multiple partner organisations and through agreed clinical diversionary pathways.
- Advanced holistic clinical assessments, person-centred care plans, and complex treatment in the community setting.
- Coordination of the integrated multidisciplinary team and liaison with partners in wider health, social care and voluntary sector to support admission avoidance for specific service users.
- Assist the service user to navigate health and care systems to achieve successful outcomes
We are an award winning and CQC rated good health and social care Trust delivering integrated services across Hull, East and North Yorkshire. Find out more on our website
We are a forward thinking and dynamic Trust with a real commitment to staff development. We value our colleagues and invest in them to ensure they have the right skills to deliver outstanding care.
We are proud to score above or equal to the average for all NHS People Promise theme areas demonstrating our commitment to improve the experience of working in the NHS for everyone. Wherever you work we know you will receive a warm welcome and all the support you'll need to get you started.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and promotes equality whilst challenging discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
Work life balance is about having influence and flexibility over when, where and how you work. If the work pattern for this role does not meet your needs, we welcome an application and are happy to discuss working arrangements that differ from those advertised.
We offer a unique range of benefits that go above and beyond other NHS Trusts including an enhanced leave package and health and wellbeing support.
From city to countryside, market towns to moors you'll find a place to call home including some of the most affordable places to live in the UK.
Find out more and search live jobs.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information with regard to this vacancy, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationQualifications and KnowledgeEssential
- Be a member of a recognised professional body and hold a current professional registration
- Educated to Masters Level or Post Graduate advanced clinical/professional qualification or be able to fully demonstrate equivalent knowledge and experience
- An accredited leadership qualification or be able to demonstrate advanced leadership and management skills motivation, team building, developing positive interpersonal relationships, negotiation, conflict resolution, problem solving, managing change, being creative
- Evidence of project work that has impacted on practice and demonstrates a higher level of communication/planning/change that impacts out of own area of work/responsibility
- Prepared to undertake or hold a recognised non-medical prescribing qualification, if required
- Advanced/expert understanding of relevant clinical practice, standards and audits within identified clinical area.
- Specialist/advanced understanding/application of relevant managerial and leadership aspects of the service area
- Evidence of sound post -registration professional practice
- Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD) relevant to the clinical area to advanced level of post - graduate diploma or equivalent knowledge /experiential learning
- Evidence of promoting/supporting active user/carer involvement/participation
- Leadership/management experience which has had a positive impact and created change within the service delivery/practice
Skills and CompetenciesEssential
- A breadth of clinical and professional practice including clinically specialising in the field where the post is held
- Proven leadership/management experience, able to demonstrate examples of positive impact/change within service delivery/practice at an advanced/expert level
- Ability to work across team/organisational boundaries developing and maintaining multi - professional and multi -agency partnerships
- Effective inter -personal skills and experience in supervising and mentoring and teaching
- Demonstrate up to date mandatory training and clinical CPD
- Ability to commute between the various sites
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to demonstrate effective communication skills at all levels i.e. strategically and locally
Humber Teaching NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Prospect Road Surgery
174 Prospect Rd
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.