The Emergency Department at North Bristol NHS Trust is looking forTraineeAdvanced Care Practitioners. This exciting new and challenging role will be part of the non medical workforcein emergency care.
We are looking for individuals who have extensive experience in emergency and acute care and are committed to completing a pathway in advanced clinical practice. Within this cohort we will be recruiting from nursing, paramedic and physiotherapy backgrounds with substantial post graduate clinical experience. We will support you to gain a Master's QualificationMain duties of the jobClinical
About usWhy work for us:
- Deliver and participate in high standards of clinical care delivered to patients in the Emergency Department
- Ensure all aspects of practice are undertaken with obtained informed consent where applicable, in accordance with local policy, professional body guidance and law.
- Be able to undertake advanced and comprehensive assessment based on a body of specialist knowledge.
- Provide supervision and direction to junior members of the clinical and nursing teams.
- Whilst working within the professional boundaries of a trainee ACP, assess, examine, investigate, diagnose and treat patients resulting in the safe management, which may consist of further management, referral to another specialty or discharge.
- Contribute and assist in safe and efficient patient flow and become involved in potential areas of improvement within this area.
- Be directly involved in patient experience quality assessment and implementation of improvement strategies.
- Critically assess patient care and plans and address any issues, which may result in substandard care.
- Be familiar and implement trust and national policy, guidelines and recommendations to facilitate a standardised approach.
- Ensure accurate and legible documentation and records are maintained in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Practice in accordance with specific professional body codes of professional behaviour.
- Maintain infection control standards.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- MajorTrauma Centrefor the South West Region and a specialist regional/national centre for a number of services, including neurosurgery, renal, plastics, burns and orthopaedics- An opportunity to work within a pioneering Trust
This role will involve training towards autonomous, independent clinical practice. With a background of nursing, paramedic or physiotherapy, the post holder will complete training to practice as an autonomous Advanced Clinical Practitioner, working at equivalent to junior middle grade level with a clear and concise portfolio to demonstrate the evidence required by Royal College of Emergency Medicine (RCEM) ACP curriculum. This will incorporate the progressive development of history taking, clinical examination, clinical investigations and interpretation and subsequently the diagnosis and management planning of the patient specific to the clinical specialty of Emergency Medicine. The successful applicant will complete an MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice or equivalent as stipulated by the RCEM ACP Curriculum.
The post holder will act as a senior clinician within the Emergency Zone, provide senior cover and be identifiable, highly visible and accessible to patients, carers and staff for assistance advice and supportPerson SpecificationEssentialEssential
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- oCurrent NMC Registration/HCPC Registered Paramedic/Qualified Physiotherapist
- oTeaching/assessing qualification
- oSubstantial previous experience in Emergency/Urgent Care setting at a senior level (> band 6)
- oClinical assessment skills
North Bristol NHS TrustAddress
North Bristol Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.