Are you a qualified AHP looking to Return to Practice (RtP) then we would love to hear from you! We would be delighted to hear from the following professions:
Speech and Language Therapists
Please do not apply if you already have HCPC registration and you are seeing work experience.
You must register with the HEE Return to Practice Programme to be eligible. https://www.hee.nhs.uk/our-work/return-practice-allied-health-professionals-healthcare-scientists#placements
Our Return to Practice programme includes clinical supervision, clinical practice, formalCPD and support to complete the application for re-registration with the HCPC.
Please note: - this will be in an Honorary Contract (unpaid) position but post registrationexciting and rewarding career opportunities may be available.
For more information, please contact Catherine Edmeades (Head of Podiatry) Catherine.email@example.com or Yolande Potgieter (Head of Dietetics) firstname.lastname@example.orgMain duties of the job
The HCPC defines a returnee to practice as an individual who has been out ofpractice for more than two years. This applies to you if your registration haslapsed, or if you did not go on to register once finishing your qualifications, andtherefore have not practised. This does not apply to you if you have alreadyattained HCPC registration and you are looking for work experience.
The HCPC recommends these minimum requirements to update your skills:
- 0-2 years out of your profession - no requirements
- 2-5 years out of your profession - 30 days of updating your skills and knowledge
- 5 years or more out of your profession - 60 days of updating your skills and knowledge
- HCPC requires between 30 -60 days (210 - 410 hours) of updating knowledge and skills in profession specific area. Private study no more than 50% of time
- You will be employed on a 3-6/12-month honorary contract
- Contracted hours will be agreed on an individual basis according to service needs and re-registration requirements.
- We are interested in hearing from both full and part-time applicants.
- The post will require effective communication skills, collaborative working as part of a multidisciplinary team and good time management.
- You will be expected to have registered with the HEE Return to Practice Programme.
Oxleas offers a wide range of NHS healthcare services to people in community and secure environment settings. Our services include community health care such as district nursing and speech and language therapy, care for people with learning disabilities and mental health care such as psychiatry, nursing and therapies. Our multidisciplinary teams look after people of all ages and we work in close partnership with other parts of the NHS, local councils and the voluntary sector and through our new provider collaboratives. Our 4,300 members of staff work in many different settings including hospitals, clinics, prisons, secure hospitals, children's centres, schools and people's homes. We have over 125 sites in a variety of locations in the South of England. In London we operate within the Boroughs of Bexley, Bromley Greenwich and into Kent. We manage hospital sites including Queen Mary's Hospital, Sidcup and Memorial Hospital, Woolwich, as well as the Bracton Centre, our medium secure unit for people with mental health needs. We are the largest NHS provider of prison health services providing healthcare to prisons within Devon, Dorset, Bristol, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire, Kent and South London. We are proud of the care we provide and our people. Our purpose is to improve lives by providing the best possible care to our patients and their families. This is strengthened by our new values:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- We're Kind
- We're Fair
- We Listen
- We Care
Your professional body will be able to let you know the specific RtP requirements and courses available for your profession.
Return to Practice (rcpod.org.uk)
CPD: Returning to practice: Part 1 | The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (csp.org.uk)
Return to practice overview | RCSLT
Returning to Practice | British Dietetic Association (BDA)
Occupational Therapy Return To Practice Resources - RCOT
Youll be requiredtocommitto:
- Completing contracted hours
- Completing professional competencies
- Completing Trust Induction
- Promoting the trust values throughout your contract
- Registering with the HEEReturntoPracticeProgramme - see below*
Return to Practice: allied health professionals, healthcare scientists and practising psychologists | Health Education England (hee.nhs.uk)
Clinical placement opportunities will be profession specific.
All offers will be subject accordingtoservice needs and re-registration requirements.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Completion of Relevant Degree
- Registered for the RtP programme or working towards this
ExperienceDesirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Resident in the UK/ EU for past 3 years / visa etc
Oxleas NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.