This is a new and exciting opportunity for a Specialist Mental Health Practitioner to join our Eating Disorder Team. The successful candidate will have an interest and experience in working with young people with an eating disorder and ARFIDs, and will provide a substantial contribution to the clinical work of the team. The post holder will hold full case management responsibility for their workload, and provide support and supervision for colleagues, as well as taking the lead on specific service leadership projects.Main duties of the job
The Eating Disorder Team (EDYs) provide support and treatment for children and young people in Liverpool and Sefton with an eating disorder. This is a multidisciplinary team including Consultant Psychiatrist and Consultant Paediatricians, Clinical Psychology, Family Therapy, CBT and SFP trained staff, Nursing, Support Worker, Assistant Practitioner and Assistant Psychology. The main base for this post will be at Alder Hey, but community working is required as appointments offered from base in Waterloo.About us
Experience working with children and young people with an eating disorder will be beneficial. In addition to undertaking assessments and providing intervention and support to children, young people and their families, the post holder will also undertake physical monitoring under the guidance of our Consultant Paediatricians. The post holder will provide clinical supervision to team members and must be able to demonstrate a positive attitude which encompasses our Trust Values of excellence, innovation, openness, respect and together. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will provide highly specialised assessment and therapeutic interventions and offer advice and consultation to other professionals across a range of agencies including primary care, social care, and education. The post holder will have clinical responsibility for complex therapeutic and risk management work with children and young people who have been assessed to require specialist intervention.Person SpecificationQualifications, Experience and TrainingEssential
- Qualified in core profession such as Mental Health Nurse (RMN), Mental Health Practitioner, Clinical Psychologist, Occupational Therapy, Social Work or creative therapies e.g. Art Therapy.
- Intermediate or diploma level in a recognised therapeutic modality.
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Evidence of substantial post qualification competence, incorporating significant experience working within CAMHS at a senior level
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience of providing consultation/teaching/ training
- Experience of working with children and young people, families and carers
- Experience of clinical supervision
- Experience of leading on developing, delivering and evaluating evidence based clinical care packages.
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Relevant post graduate qualification in Mental Health related field
- Experience of providing services across traditional services.
- Experience of managing and/or leading on service developments.
- Experience of managing staff.
- Project Management experience
- Effectively managing policy implementation and demonstrable service development work
- Assertively engage young people, families and carers.
- To demonstrate a non- discriminatory attitude regarding race, gender and disability issues.
- Demonstrate commitment to user participation
- Demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates skills to contribute to modernisation across a range of diverse services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to motivate and enthuse colleagues
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to respond effectively to multiple priorities
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrates the ability to make sound judgments and generate new ideas in complex situations.
- Able to work autonomously
- Committed to continuing professional development
- Accountable for own professional actions
- Works within professional ethics and Trust policies
Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.