The Jean Bishop Integrated Care Centre (ICC) the first if its kind in the UK, has been operational since May 2018 and in that time provided innovative, anticipatory patient tailored care to over 4000 frail residents of Hull and the surrounding areas. Our service has already been recognised for national awards including a Health Service Journal Award (HSJ), the most esteemed accolade of healthcare service excellence in the UK. We also continue to receive outstanding patient feedback. The ICC also featured on NHS England's website dedicated to the NHS Long Term Plan as the leading case study in the Ageing Well section. More recently, the team featured on a Panorama programme which assessed the innovative and new ways of working delivered by our team, evidence to support not only our frail population but also the demands placed on the NHS.
The team working at the ICC feel privilege to be a part of delivering transformed care for older people in Hull. Do you want the opportunity to become part of our team?Main duties of the job
We are currently seeking a Band 6 Occupational Therapist to join our team. The post holder will offer a high standard of evidence based occupational therapy, working as part of a multi-disciplinary/multi-agency team and will be responsible for own autonomous practice and ensure effective patient/client care is maintained. This will necessitate you visiting patients within their own homes for the delivery of Occupational Therapy interventions. You will be offered supervision on a regular basis and will be able to network with other Occupational Therapists in our Professional Development group. There will also be opportunities to work with other work streams such as Parkinsons Disease Hub.
This role will be extremely varied and challenging and requires someone to possess excellent organisational skills as well as the ability to work under pressure, as is the need to be able to work efficiently and effectively to tight deadlines.
This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced Occupational Therapist who also has genuine interest and empathy for older and frail people. We can offer flexibility to the successful candidate in terms of either full or part-time working.
If you require any further information of wish the opportunity for an informal visit to the ICC please contact Clare Allen - Advanced Occupational Therapist:- email@example.comAbout us
At CHCP, we're passionate aboutpeopleand we know that you are too, that's why we're here isn't it? We recognise that high quality care is delivered by high quality professionals who are appreciated, respected and supported, which is why we want to give all our colleagues the chance to shine.
Work with us and you'll be more than just a number. Our people are our shareholders and their thoughts and opinions are always heard at CHCP you have a real voice.
Compassion is at the heart of our business we're a team of nearly 2,500 colleagues who work together to deliverfirst-class healthcareto thousands of people living in Hull, the East Riding, Knowsley and St Helens. Local diversity demands diverse roles, that's why we have vacancies to suit everybody. No matter your role at CHCP, we'll support you to thrive.
As the 13thlargest social enterprise in the UK, we're pioneering the move towards independent service delivery. Join us on our journey and help us make history.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for the main responsibilities associated to the role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Current HPC professional registration
- Degree / diploma on Physiotherapy or Occupational therapy.
- Post Graduate Diploma in relevant specialist area or Professional qualification to Degree level supplemented by specialist accredited training and experience in specialist field(s) equivalent to post graduate diploma level
- To be on the live register of mentors (if required by the professional body)
- Leadership qualification/equivalent experience if required
- Teaching qualification or equivalent presentation skills/training experience
- Behaviour changing qualification.
- If appropriate dysphagia training.
- Full understanding of relevant policy, legislation and guidance relevant to clinical and service area
- Full understanding/application of relevant clinical practice/standards/audit within identified clinical area
- Specialist understanding of relevant clinical practice, standards and protocols within identified clinical area
- Evidence of undertaking audits/surveys
- Basic IT skills
- Member of specialist interest group/network, locally or regionally
- Develop to advanced/expert understanding of relevant clinical practice, standards and protocols within identified clinical area
- Evidence of sound post-registration professional practice
- Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD) Relevant to the clinical area at a specialist level of care
- Experience of multi-agency/professional working
- Experience of case load management within specialist service area
- Evidence of promoting/supporting active patient/relative involvement/participation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of complex case load management within specialist service area
City Health Care Partnership CICAddress
Jean Bishop ICC
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.