This is a development post, if you are appointed as a Band 6, you will be given a list of competencies to complete, these will be reviewed at the time of your appraisal. On completion you will rise to a Band 7.
We are looking for an enthusiastic pharmacist to join our team to contribute to our specialist clinical pharmacy and medicines optimisation services. The post-holder will work across three pharmacy disciplines alongside other pharmacy team members to deliver an excellent service to all areas of the organisation.
The post holder will work across three sites - with time split between Cavell Centre Hospital Pharmacy Department and associated mental health wards,and community physical health rehabilitation wards: North Cambridgeshire Hospital, and Intermediate Care Unit Community Hospital.
We want our staff to continue to develop their skills, so we will support the post holder with post-graduate education to allow them to develop high-level expertise for their career.
Our service is currently on the path to electronic prescribing and medicines administration and so the successful candidate will be in at the early stages with us. You will have a role to play in helping to develop the system and promote the benefits to patient care and safety.Main duties of the job
The person we are looking for is someone that can positively contribute to the clinical medicines management of people that receive care from our services. The successful candidate will work closely with inpatient multidisciplinary teams to support safe and effective use of medicines within the Trust.
The successful candidate will contribute to the clinical pharmacy service provided to all inpatient services, and to the dispensary, providing bespoke patient-centred pharmacy care to anyone that required it from anywhere in the service.
The post holder is expected to develop and demonstrate a range of pharmacy related expertise that include handling medicines information questions, supporting procurement and formulary decisions, clinical trial medicines handling, and the training of other people - both within and outside of the pharmacy team.About us
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust is a health & social care organisation dedicated to providing high quality care with compassion to improve the health & wellbeing of the people we care for, as well as supporting & empowering them to lead a fulfilling life.
Our clinical teams deliver many NHS services not only via inpatient and primary care settings but also within the community. These services include Children, Adult & Older People's mental health, Forensic & Specialist mental health, Learning Disabilities, Primary Care & Liaison psychiatry, Substance misuse, Social care, Research & Development.
To achieve our goal, we look to recruit high calibre candidates that share our vision & values. As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including disabled people & members of our ethnic minorities & LGBTQ+ communities.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of responsibilities.
Person SpecificationKnowledge & SkillsEssential
- To assist with medicines management service at Cavell Centre Mental Health Hospital, North Cambridgeshire Hospital and Intermediate Care Unit Community Hospital
- To optimise patient care in defined wards/teams alongside other pharmacy staff by participating (in conjunction with pharmacy technicians) in medicines management schemes on the wards, including patients own drugs, self-administration, medicines reconciliation, and medicines supply.
- Counselling and/or education of service users about their medicines and provide information and advice about medicines to service users, carers and other health professionals e.g., medical and nursing staff.
- Active involvement in multidisciplinary team meetings or case conferences to identify medication problems, resolve transfer of care issues and provide advice.
- Support and reviewing prescribing and to monitor medicines use and the outcomes of treatment.
- To support the education and training of medicines matters for CPFT staff, external stakeholders and service users.
- To support other pharmacy activities such as clinical trial drug handling, audit and near-patient testing of blood samples as part of medicines monitoring.
- Medicines management skills (e.g. patient interview, medicines reconciliation, discharge counselling)
- Appreciation of key aspects of medicine use in palliative and mental health scenarios.
- Previous experience working in a hospital environment.
- Working in a healthcare team to deliver positive patient outcomes
- Previous experience working in a hospital pharmacy environment.
- Previous experience working in a pharmacy supporting mental health services.
- Mature and non-judgemental attitude.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Understand the need for patient confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to continually improve own practice.
- Desire to support the development of others.
Education / QualificationsEssential
- Digital literacy skills for professional business practice
- Experience with use of clinical systems that support pharmacy practice (e.g., patient record systems, pharmacy labelling systems, electronic prescribing systems).
- GPhC pharmacist registration.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Post-graduate Certificate - pharmacy related.
- Post-graduate Diploma - pharmacy related.
- Independent prescriber
- Examples of other pharmacy-related qualifications not stated above relevant to the post descriptionharmacy Practice, Clinical Pharmacy, Mental Health Therapeutics.
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Pharmacy Department, Cavell Centre, Peterborough
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.