The Children's Community Team for People with a Learning Disability (CCTPLD) delivers specialist multi-disciplinary healthcare assessment and treatment services locally for children who have a learning disability presenting with physical health needs, a mental illness and/or challenging behaviour. The service provided is person centred and tailored to the individual and their environment, taking into account their ethnic and cultural backgrounds and needs. We provide this through direct support, joint working with other services and/or through offering consultancy to other professionals involved.
The team works in close partnership with the service user, family/carers, and other agencies e.g., mainstream health services, independent and voluntary services, Advocacy Services and Commissioners. You will be expected to work within a value driven, recovery-based approach that embeds the Positive Behaviour Support framework. Post holders will have experience of working with people who have a learning disability and either mental ill-health and/or complex behavioural needs.Main duties of the job
You will work with the Community Nursing Team holding a caseload made up of individuals with a broad range of needs and will provide specialist assessment and intervention to patients with learning disabilities in the community, working with a range of issues relating to physical health and emotional wellbeing. You will work in collaboration with the person, their network of care, mainstream health services, and the multidisciplinary team to enhance, optimise and maintain the person's health and quality of life.
We want to recruit a dedicated workforce to meet the diverse needs of our service users. Successful candidates will need to have a genuine interest in working within a multi-disciplinary team and a passion for improving the lives and health outcomes of people with a learning disability.
For more information or an informal discussion please contact Jo Goodman, Lead Nurse, Children's Community Team on 07827 878410.About us
NHFT is an integrated primary care and mental health Trust, providing physical, mental health and specialty services in both hospital settings and out in the community. Because we put the person at the centre of all we do, we focus on delivering care that is as easy to access as possible. This means many of our services can be provided at home, work or in schools.We also provide health services to various prisons and detention centres in Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information on the advertised role, please refer to the job description located under the Supporting Documents heading. The full person specification can be accessed under the About You Section of the document. Person SpecificationBehaviours and ValuesEssential
- Communicate effectively with individuals, carers, families, and others. To be able to adapt / adjust communication methods for individuals
- Ability to work in a flexible way and respond to change
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Reflect on own practice and performance through effective use of professional and operational supervision and appraisal
- Evidence of maintaining knowledge of latest evidence and best practice in Learning Disability Nursing
- Recognised Nursing qualification - RNLD
- NMC registration
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Post registration experience in working with people with a learning disability who have challenging and complex needs (Mental Health / behaviours of concern)
- Experience of and an interest in Positive Behaviour Support, writing and delivery of plans
- Ability to develop and promote effective interpersonal and working relationships with colleagues across health and social care settings
- The post holder will need to take initiative and work in a self-directed manner
Employer detailsEmployer name
- To deliver evidence based clinical practice and facilitate the implementation and support of change within services
- An understanding of Positive Behaviour Support and be able to write and support the delivery of Positive Behaviour Support plans
Northamptonshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
Newland House, Campbell Square
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.