The post holds management responsibility for the operational and performance management of the Division, on behalf of the Divisional Director whilst undertaking GM responsibilities for specific surgical services. This post is responsible for ensuring that all services are focused on ensuring the most effective and efficient use of resources to deliver a high-quality service that achieves and exceeds the required performance targets.
There will be requirement for the post holder to deputise for the Divisional Director, across all service lines in the Division, and to act as the divisional and cross trust lead for issues and projects, as required, in agreement with the Divisional Director and Chief of Surgery.
The post holder will work closely with the divisional management team to ensure the delivery of effective and high-quality clinical services and the achievement of both strategic objectives and performance targets. As part of the Division's management team, the post holder will have responsibility for the planning, management and development of services.
The post holder will be expected to provide clear direction on modernisation and improvement of patient services, working with the multi-disciplinary team. They will also be expected to ensure that the services provided are responsive to patient needs, that planning of services involving patients and users, and reflect the diverse population served.
This post will attract unsociable hours for weekend on-call onsite.Main duties of the job
For further information, please see the attached trust job description and person specification for a full list of duties and responsibilities.About us
We provide emergency and non-emergency services to the residents of East Surrey, North-East West Sussex, and South Croydon, including the major towns of Crawley, Horsham, Reigate and Redhill a community of over 535,000 people. We provide acute and complex services and a range of outpatient, diagnostic services whilst Crawley Hospital and Horsham in West Sussex and Caterham Dene Hospital and Oxted Health Centre in Surrey provide less complex planned services. In 2019 the Care Quality Commission (CQC) rated our services as 'Outstanding' and we are one of the best performing Trusts in England:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Winners of Health Service Journal Acute Trust of the year award 2021.
- National Patient Safety Awards winner and strive to be a beacon for safety in all that we do.
- We are rated the sixth highest trust in the South East and in the top 25% nationally for staff recommending the Trust as a place to work or receive treatment.
Once you understand the requirements outlined in the advert, please ensure your application clearly reflects where you match them including any examples you would like to highlightPerson SpecificationCriteriaEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of a good standard of written English appropriate to the role
- A complete and accurate application
- Suitability for role evidenced in supporting statement
- Evidence of essential experience for role
- Meet the essential education/qualifications required for the role
- Hold the necessary mandatory professional/clinical registration
- Evidence of the Trust values and behaviours
- Evidence of any other essential criteria outlined in the person specification
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
East Surrey Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.