This is an opportunity to join a highly motivated team of clinical psychologists who are dedicated to providing high quality psychological care to those affected by cancer in the Harrogate District. The post holder will be expected to provide psychological therapies to patients diagnosed with cancer, and their families and carers, where appropriate. You will also be involved in providing supervision and support to staff working in the multi-disciplinary cancer services team. There will be a range of interesting opportunities to develop the innovative and valued psycho-educational groups we run. This will suit a psychologist who is happy to work both autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team.Main duties of the job
- To provide high quality specialist psychological assessment, formulation and therapy to patients with cancer, and their adult family members/carers.
- To provide staff support and supervision.
- To develop the psycho-educational group programme offered to patients, carers and staff.
- To develop good working relationships with clinical psychologists in other teams within the hospital.About us
The post holder will be and integral member of HDFT Clinical Psychology Department, but will be based within Cancer Services and will work closely with the Lead Cancer Nurse and HDFT Cancer Multidisciplinary Teams.
Close working relationships with all sectors (health, local authority, private and voluntary) is required by means of a full range communication methods (face-to-face, telephone and email etc). The position involves the management of highly sensitive information.
Professional responsibility for the post will be with the lead consultant clinical psychologist (Dr George Caton), whilst managerial responsibility will be with the lead clinical psychologist in cancer services (Dr Rachel Phillips).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification. If you have any questions, please contact Dr Rachel Phillips on email@example.comPerson SpecificationEssential and desirable criteria.Essential
- Post-graduate doctoral training in Clinical Psychology
- Membership of the Health Professions Council
- Post-doctoral training in one or more additional specialised areas of clinical practice
- Experience of supervising other health care professionals
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of having worked as a qualified clinical psychologist with a wide variety of clients that reflects the full range of clinical severity and problems, across a range of care settings and taking responsibility for patients' psychological care and treatment
- Clinical experience of psychological assessment and intervention with adults who have acute and long term physical health problems.
- Evidence of having exercised full clinical responsibility for clients' psychological care.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary health care team.
- Experience of teaching, training and supervision.
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
Lancaster Park Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.