We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and driven Clinical Pharmacist to join our friendly and dynamic Pharmacy and Medicines Optimisation Team, based at Kingsley Green in Radlett.
You will be joining an innovative, award winning pharmacy team who are forward thinking and are leading the medicines optimisation agenda trust wide. The pharmacy team were shortlisted for two HSJ Value awards 2021, one HSJ Patient Safety award 2020 and the Trust itself has been awarded Mental Health Trust of the year by the HSJ in 2021.
We are looking for pharmacists who have an interest in mental health and learning disabilities but also wish to further develop their general clinical pharmacy skills. You will be fully integrated into the wider multidisciplinary team, be funded to undertake postgraduate clinical pharmacy qualifications and supported to work with other healthcare professionals collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams. We welcome flexible working applications (e.g school hours, part time, job share) Main duties of the job
As the Clinical Pharmacist, you will be expected to:
- Provide a clinical pharmacy service to a variety of mental health units including acute and older people, child and adolescent, learning disabilities, and forensic wards.
- Lead and implement projects that support the Trust Pharmacy and Medicines Optimisation Strategy.
- Be flexible, have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), strong clinical and organisational skills, enjoy working as part of a multidisciplinary team and be able to show compassion and respect for people with mental health problems.
- Current registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council.
In return, at Hertfordshire Partnership Trust (HPFT) we an offer you:
- have excellent opportunity for progression and development
- 5% on top of basic salary high cost allowance supplement (subject to a maximum �2,011 per annum pro rata) depending on location
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service) plus bank holidays (pro rata where applicable)
- One of the UK's best pension schemes
- Special leave for family and personal reasons
- NHS Car Lease Scheme (for substantive staff)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- We are receptive to supporting flexible working patterns
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) is an outstanding organisation with ambitions to match. We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of 'Outstanding' from the Care Quality Commission, and our aim is to be the leading provider of mental health and specialist learning disability services in the country.
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for over 400,000 people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. We also deliver a range of nationally commissioned specialist services including Tier 4 services for children and young people, perinatal services, plus medium and low secure learning disabilities services.
The care we provide makes a fantastic difference to the lives of our service users, their families and carers - everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout:
Our Trust values are:
Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.
These values are at the core of who we are, everything we do, and how we do it!
Would you like to be part of the HPFT family? Would you like work with us to ensure our service users live the fullest lives possible they can? Would you like to be supported in your career to be the best that you can be?
Then please read on...Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Work with the Chief Pharmacist and a team of clinical pharmacists, technicians, and the multidisciplinary team (MDT) to provide and support the integrated delivery of pharmaceutical care initiatives to service users with mental health illness and learning disabilities in identified areas of Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
- Ensure safe, appropriate, and cost effective use of medicines.
- Will require planning and organisation of a broad range of activities and ongoing programmes to support the Strategy for Pharmacy and Medicines Optimisation.
- Required to travel to designated units to provide a clinicalpharmacy service, and to other sites covered by Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust as needed to advise and provide training in Medicines Optimisation. This may require walking some distance and carrying heavy equipment including a laptop and teaching materials.
- Frequent use of VDU equipment every day and intense concentration in a sometimes noisy open plan office environment.
- Encounter challenging/hostile service users when visiting themental health and learning disabilities units.
Please review the job description and person specificationPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- UK Registered Pharmacist
- Additional areas of training through short courses e.g., computer training
- Up to date knowledge of drugs available for prescribing in mental health
- Specialist theoretical and practical knowledge and experience working in a hospital setting
- Understand the issues facing the NHS
- Understanding of primary and secondary care working and interface between them
- Managing quality and cost effectiveness initiates
- Good planning and organisational skills - able to plan and lead the development of new areas of medicines optimisation e.g. prescribing and administration of medicines under patient group directions
- Able to demonstrate record of achieving results against set targets
- Staff development and change management
- Project planning
- Good communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Persuasive and negotiating skills
- Empathetic and reassurance skills
- Communicates in a manor that is consistent with legislation, policies and procedures
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of aptions
- Excellent computer skills to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel and the Internet
- Able to critically appraise clinical trial data and research papers
- Have a UK driving licence and access to a vehicle
- Show respect and treat people with dignity
- Communicates in a form or manner which is consistent with the person's level of understanding, culture, background and preffered ways of communicating
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Team worker
- Self-confident and able to influence professionals
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kingfisher Court Pharmacy Department, Kingsley Green, Harper Lane, Radlett, WD7 9FB
Kingsley Green, Harper Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.