**Previous applicants need not apply**
Are you a registered Pharmacy Technician with an accredited checking qualification and recent experience in cancer or aseptic services and looking for a new and diverse 12 month challenge? Are you passionate about service development and making positive change, to help protect the NHS and overcome the challenges for the future?
If so, we are looking for a dynamic and forward thinking individual who can assist the Aseptic Services chemotherapy releasing team in the safe and effective delivery of chemotherapy by accuracy and quality checking high-risk injectables ready for administration to the patient. In addition, you will be providing support as part of our project to reopen the Section 10 Aseptic Unit in Winter 2023.
This is an exciting role for someone who is ambitious with a drive to deliver a gold standard chemotherapy service for our cancer patients.Main duties of the job
To assist the Pharmacy Aseptic Services Senior Team in the safe, effective and efficient provision of high-risk injectables including accuracy checking outsourced ready-to-administer high-risk injectables, co-ordinating and supervising the day-to-day allocation of staff activities.
To ensure staff are undertaking activities following department standard operating procedures and work in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Good Distribution Practice (GDP) and Good Clinical Practice (GCP)About us
Our STAR values are at the heart of everything we do. You can expect to see them in the way we act and the way we treat each other. Our values make us who we are.
Service We will put our patients firstTeamwork We will work togetherAmbition We will aspire to provide the best serviceRespect We will act with integrityJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesAseptic Services
- To support the management of the day-to-day operational running of the PASU.
- To co-ordinate the daily workload with the PASU ensuring products are supplied to service users in a timely manner.
- To manage and undertake the completion of staff rotas and planning of work duties ensuring set levels of staffing are maintained.
- Have good knowledge and understanding of the computer systems used to generate documentation such as worksheets, procedures and labels used in aseptic preparation, and ensure validation and change control procedures are followed.
- To complete the daily capacity planner ensuring safe capacity levels for workload and escalating if required.
- To act as an Accredited Checking Technician and perform the quality inspection and accuracy check of outsourced commercially prepared ready-to-administer high risk injectables for delivery to the clinical area.
Please see the attached job description for full information.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Experience working in aseptic or cancer services
- Working knowledge of aseptic services
- In-depth technical ability and knowledge in aseptic resolution
- Recruitment and selection experience
- Procedure and policy development
- Understanding of legal requirements, procedures, protocols governing clinical trials and GCP
- Awareness of GMP legislation and standards
- Working knowledge and understanding of pharmacy law, ethics, roles and responsibilities
- Ability to receive, manage and communicate complex information to staff, patients and external parties.
- Excellent and effective communication and interpersonal skills, using clear written and spoken English
- Good computer skills and experience in use of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Knowledge of JAC - the Pharmacy computer system
- Evidence of implementing major change
- Understanding of clinical governance and implications for service including quality and audit
- Current registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- NVQ level 3 in Pharmacy Services and a BTEC in Pharmaceutical science (or equivalent qualification and underpinning knowledge)
- Accredited Checking Technician qualification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Pre and In-Process Checking Accreditation or willingness to work towards
- Evidence of post qualification training in Aseptic Services e.g. Leeds University, Aseptic preparation and dispensing of medicines
- NVQ Assessor or equivalent qualification
- Product Approval Accreditation or willingness to work towards
Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Great Western Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.