We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic physiotherapist to join our friendly team here at West Berkshire Community Hospital (WBCH) in a band 6 role on a part time contract. An ideal candidate will have effective communication skills, experience of providing physiotherapy to patients with complex conditions, be a good team player and have a forward thinking outlook.
BHFT is a dynamic trust, rated outstanding at our last CQC inspection, with a focus on constant improvement in the fast moving healthcare environment the NHS currently is. All staff are offered the opportunity to be involved in improvement projects and encouraged to participate in Quality Management Improvement Service (QMIS). There is opportunity for training to become a QMIS champion, should this be your passion. The role offers opportunity for development of management skills with bespoke in-house training opportunities.
The current job role is Monday-Friday with no weekend or on-call requirements, although this may be subject to change in the future. The available post is for 21 hours per week.Main duties of the job
- To be responsible for the management of a highly complex caseload working closely with the Multi-Disciplinary Team in the delivery of rehabilitation and discharge planning to ensure a smooth transition for our patients from hospital to the community.
- To provide highly skilled specialist assessments. To plan, implement and evaluate evidence-based treatments according to individual need. Promoting independence and self-care of long-term conditions.
- To provide assessment and management of patients under our palliative care team with support of the MDT.
- To liaise and work with family and NOK of our patients in assessing and planning safe discharge from hospital, including participation in family discharge planning meetings.
- Supervising junior members of staff and students with support from our partner universities.
- Participate in in-service training programmes and contribute effectively to service development.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD), including ongoing development of CPD portfolio and participating in audit and research projects.
We are happy to answer any questions that you may have. Please don't hesitate to call: Emily Scott Inpatient Physiotherapy Lead on 01635 273367 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Eileen Henderson Inpatient Service Manager on 01635 273555 (Eileen.email@example.com) who'll be delighted to help.About us
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust isa specialist mental health and community health services trust. Rated 'outstanding' by the CQC, we're committed to providing the best possible care to people across Berkshire.
We value diversity and are proud to be a Stonewall Top 100 Employer.We work hard to create an inclusive environment where you'll be supported by friendly and professional colleagues to flourish.
Our values at Berkshire Healthcare:
- Caring for and about you is our top priority
- Committed to providing good quality, safe services
- Working Together with you to develop innovative solution
We welcome people who share these values to come and work for us.
Benefits of working for us include:
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesThe3 must haves for you to be considered for this role:
- Flexible working options to support work-life balance.
- 27 days' annual leave rising with service + opportunity to buy and sell
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Excellent learning and career development opportunities
- 'Cycle to Work' and car leasing scheme
- Access to a range of wellbeing tools and services
- Discounts at hundreds of popular retailers and restaurants
- Staff networks for race, diversity, disabilities and armed forces community to support equality
- Generous maternity, paternity, adoption and special leave.
- Free parking across Trust site
- A Physiotherapy Degree/Diploma with HCPC registration and experience in rehabilitation.
- Able to embody our Trust values of being Caring, Committed and Together.
- Good understanding and use of IT Programmes as we are a digital Trust.
- Diploma/Degree in Physiotherapy
- State Registration
Continuous Professional DevelopmentEssential
- Membership of relevant Special Interest Group
- CSP Membership
- Evidence of CPD in a portfolio including attendance at recent post-graduate courses relevant to the clinical field / reflective practice in relevant clinical field
- Relevant post graduate NHS experience
- Ability to demonstrate considerable relevant experience as a Band 5 or 6 physiotherapist in the ward setting
- Post-graduate experience of working as part of a physiotherapy team and multidisciplinary team.
- Supervision of assistants / students
- Experience of delegating tasks
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of service development / leading service development
- Some palliative care experience
- Sound knowledge of Physiotherapy in the relevant area
- Knowledge of this post and PCT
- Ability to work independently, but seek help when required
- Evidence of participation in Audit and Research
- Understand the legal responsibilities of the profession
- Awareness of relevant National and local policies and guidelines relevant to the area
- Able to present information, written and orally, in a clear and logical manner.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to organise, prioritise and delegate
- Ability to supervise other staff e.g. assistants, technical instructors
- Understanding of clinical governance and its implications for services.
- Good knowledge of factors that contribute to good team working
- Competent IT skills
- Drive and enthusiasm for clinical excellence and clinical development
- Good time management
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Able to maintain judgement under pressure
- Ability to problem solve
- Demonstrate appropriate use of initiative
- Ability to contribute positively to team working / team morale.
- Willingness to take directions / constructive criticism
- Willingness to learn
- Presentation Skills
- Knowledge of Critical Appraisal
- Self-directed learning
- Ability to pass on skills/knowledge to others within both formal and informal environments
- Criminal Records Bureau clearance
- Occupational Health clearance
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel between multiple sites efficiently
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
West Berkshire Community Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.