This is an exciting time for Calderdale's district nursing teams as we haveestablished 5 community hubs each with its own unique and diverse needs.
We are seeking an enthusiastic staff member with excellent communication skills, who is highly motivated and adaptable in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
The vacancy is for Evening shifts covering the period Monday to Sunday working within the Out of Hours district nursing team based at Allan House Sowerby Bridge
The hours are negotiable to ensure the successful applicant has a good work-life balance.
We would welcome any informal visit to see our team in action and meet the team.
We look forward to you joining us, good luck with your application!Main duties of the job
Are you passionate about providing the best possible care, empowering patients and delivering complex care in the community?
Are you a newly qualified, final year student or qualified staff nurse seeking a new challenge?
If so, we would love to meet you!About us
Community nursing is an exciting and rewarding challenge where you will gain experience in a vast range of clinical skills to help you along your journey as a nurse. You will be supported by an expert team where training and development opportunities are actively encouraged in order to meet the clinical needs of the role. Support and development will be individualised depending on your current skills and experience.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Be able to create a professional nursing culture which is open to change, new ideas, concepts, and innovation whilst reflecting organisational strategy and values
- To deliver direct and indirect patient care, focussing on local needs and priorities addressing the prevention agenda, care centred on what matters to the person, via personalised care and support planning
- To participate in the assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care. Calderdale and Huddersfield Foundation Trust provide a 24 hour district nursing service and, as such, an element of flexible working is expected to maintain safe, effective, responsive services.
- - Calderdale and Huddersfield Foundation Trust acknowledge and support the NMC Code of Professional Conduct (NMC 20002). This code must underpin the practice of community nurses within the PCR at all times and has informed the development of the competencies outlined belowPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse level 1 or 2
- Post Registration Qualifications
- Diploma in a health related subject
- An understanding of the health care needs of adults, especially older people.
- Effective communicator
- Individual assessment of health and social care needs
- An understanding of the developing role of the nurse in primary care setting
- Basic IT skills
- Hospital Care Experience
- Adult Care Experience
Practical/Intellectual Skills/Personal QualitiesEssential
- Primary or community care experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Team worker
- Able to work independently
- Flexible attitude towards different working patterns
- Good organisational skills
Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.