Maintenance Technician - Electrical
Band 5 (�28,407-�34,581)
- On-call allowance
- Company pension scheme
- 27 days holiday per year (increasing with service)
Full time - 37 1/2 hours per week
The opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Technician (Electrical Bias) post at Castle Hill Hospital.
To carry out the repair, maintenance or installation of all plant, equipment, systems and building structure/fabric associated with all Trust properties.
This will consist of Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), testing and calibration, fault finding, emergency response, defect correction and minor works. This work will be undertaken on a partial shift system. Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled Worker Visa sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. You can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the post by assessing your circumstances against criteria specifiedon the gov.uk website.Main duties of the job
The suitable candidates shall have successfully completed a recognised electrical craft apprenticeship.
All applicants shall have suitable relevant maintenance experience (previous NHS experience would be an advantage) and be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation and Safe Working Practices.
The role will involve routine maintenance, installation and repair work on a wide range of electrical engineering systems. These include standby generator sets, emergency lighting systems, fire alarm systems, nurse call systems, uninterruptible power supplies, isolated power supplies and Building Management Systems (BMS).
The successful candidate will be required to participate in an out-of-hours on-call rota and a partial shift system. Must be able to attend within 30minutes
The post is site based but the successful candidate may be required to work at any Trust property and therefore are required to hold a full driving licence.About us
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately �500 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area, extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively
Our vision is Great Staff, Great Care, Great Future, as we believe that by developing an innovative, skilled and caring workforce, we can deliver great care to our patients and a great future for our employees, our Trust and our community.
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance from a range of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationEducation/ QualificationsEssential
- To have completed a recognised trade apprenticeship and hold a BTEC/HNC/Diploma in Building or Engineering or equivalent City & Guilds qualification with intermediate practical and theoretical knowledge acquired through a diploma plus significant equivalent experience in their specialist field.
Knowledge, Training & ExperienEssential
- Additional trade relevant certification e.g. Refrigeration, Pressure Systems, Fixed Wiring. Accredited HTM Competent Person Course. Resuscitation/First Aid Training. Infection Control Awareness Training.
- Must be able to demonstrate suitable post apprenticeship experience in non-routine maintenance of complex engineering plant and equipment with a broad understanding of other trade disciplines. Experience of liaison with and supervising building and engineering contractors.
Communication and InterpersonaEssential
- Computer systems experience. Previous experience in a hospital maintenance environment with exposure to all building and engineering aspects.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills. Ability to work quickly and efficiently in difficult environments and under pressure, to assess situations rapidly and make accurate relevant decisions.
Special Attributes and otherEssential
- Knowledge of statutory legislation and relevant Codes of Practice. Knowledge of Health & Safety Policy and Safe Working Procedures.
- Able to read, understand and analyse complex engineering systems and drawings. Good planning skills. Familiarity with Microsoft software and general computer literacy.
- Lifting & Handling Training. Fire Training. Confined Space Training. Asbestos Awareness Training.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Hold a full valid driving licence. Must be able to participate in an emergency on call rota and respond to site within 30 minutes of a call.
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Castle Hill Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.