The OUH Clinical Trials Pharmacy Team is a friendly multicultural team which includes clinical and technical staff as Pharmacists, Technicians, Assistants and Apprentices. Our main role is to support the various clinical research teams by managing all the Clinical trial drugs on all of our trust sites .
We currently have a vacancy for a Specialist Clinical Trials Pharmacists. If you have an interest to develop your skills in Clinical Trials, you are interested in cutting edge research and you would like to work with us at Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, well knownfor its dedication to research, you are the right person for this post.
We are looking to appoint a caring, highly motivated, forward thinking and enthusiastic pharmacists with excellent communication skills to support the set up and day to day running of clinical trials. The role is based across all sites and in a wide variety of clinical areas. You will be working with many different multi-disciplinary teams to bring research to patients.
The post includes some time in the clinical trials aseptic unit .
Applicants with hospital pharmacy or clinical trials experience but not meeting the full person specification will be considered. If successful, the applicant would be appointed to a lower band until the competencies for this post are achieved. We are also happy to support pharmacists through the Clinical Diploma
SergioMain duties of the job
- Co-ordinate and deliver Pharmacy support to Researchers in the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust- Work with the dedicated Clinical Trial Team, to strategically plan the workload for Pharmacy Services for the Trust and ensure operational implementation.- Ensure that Pharmacy procedures relating to clinical trials involving Investigational Medicinal Products (IMP's) are in accordance with appropriate regulations (ICH/GCP, EU Directive 2001/20/EC, FDA, GMP), with Research Governance Framework and Trust Policies.- Provide highly specialised professional expertise to Researchers in the development of clinical trial protocols involving medication and related substances and to provide advice & information regarding the application for Clinical Trial Authorisation (CTA) certification from the MHRA.- Interact with and support Clinical Trial Technicians and Senior Technical Officer.
- Maintain knowledge and expertise to provide releasing support and cover to CTASU and ATMP unit as per rotaAbout us
The Oxford University Hospitals Trust is one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the country. It provides a wide range of general and specialist clinical services and is a base for medical education, training and research. The Trust comprises of four hospitals - the John Radcliffe, Churchill Hospitals and Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Headington and the Horton Hospital in Banbury.
Clinical Research at OUH NFT is conducted to the highest standards of excellence and plays a vital role in tackling the biggest healthcare challenges of the 21st century aiming to improve the care we offer to our patients.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a Detailed job description and main responsibilities please refer to the Job Description document attachedPerson SpecificationSLEssential
- M Pharm Qualified to masters degree level (4 year MPharm) or equivalent
- Registered Pharmacist with the General Pharmaceutical Council (Great Britain)
- Wide Hospital Pharmacy experience
- Problem identification and solving skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Good team member
- Good time management and well organised
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good negotiation skills. Good interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary team
- Diploma/MSc in Clinical/Hospital Pharmacy or appropriate Research Qualification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous Clinical Trials or Research experience
- Aseptic Unit experience
- Research Ethics experience / training
- Involvement in developing a service
- Good IT skills
- Experience in presenting to a group
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Churchill Hospital (cross site as needed)
Churchill Drive, Headington
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.