Will you help Children and Young People (CYP) reach their full potential?
The Integrated Community Children's Nursing Service (iCCNS) are looking for a Clinical Training and Support Lead for Education. You will play a key role in our endeavour to ensure the following outcomes for CYP accessing appropriate Education settings within Portsmouth City
- *CYP with additional health needs, are not disadvantaged and are supported to access the curriculum, enjoy and achieve their full potential at school via a person-centred care plan.
- *School staff have appropriate training to gain the skills and competencies required in health care to support the child's needs to access the curriculum and participate in school activities.
- *Develop and maintain a robust evidence based training package that can be utilised across education settings.
If you are a compassionate and driven leader and team player we would love to hear from you!Main duties of the job
The Clinical Training and Support Lead for Education, will play a key role in our endeavour to ensure the following outcomes for Children and Young people (CYP) accessing appropriate Education settings within Portsmouth City.
You will work closely within the Integrated Community Children's Nursing Service and alongside multiple stakeholders. You will be able to demonstrate clear leadership, role modelling and collaborative working to ensure these outcomes are met through quality planning, implementation, co-ordination and delivery of training and effective care planning.
Your Team Leader responsibilities will include Responding to day-to-day issues and providing leadership in clinical and operational issues for the wider Integrated Community Children's Nursing Service and deputising for the Operational Manager and Modern Matron in their absence. This post may be required to support the wider ICCN service depending on service demand, including Community nursing and Urgent care (COAST).
This role is available as a 12 month fixed term or secondment opportunity. You will need agreement to a secondment from your existing organisation.About us
Make a difference with us
If you are looking for somewhere you can make a real difference and are passionate about keeping people safe, well and out of hospital, a career with us may be just what you're looking for. At Solent NHS Trust, we strive to make a difference to the health and wellbeing of our communities.
We are proud to be an organisation which is focused on our people and we welcome people who share our values to come and work with us.
To deliver great care that is safe, simple and easy to access
To be a caring, flexible and supportive place to work
To deliver the best value for money
Our shared values support the development of a strong working culture. They breathe life into our organisation -- guiding and inspiring all of our actions and decisions. They enable us to be better at what we do and create a great place for our staff to work, whilst ensuring we provide the highest quality of care to our patients.
In creating our values, we spent time listening to our employees and members. Based on what people told us, we created our HEART values to reflect the deep belief that we are caring organisation at the centre of our community: Honesty, Everyone counts, Accountable, Respectful, Teamwork.
We are an accredited Real Living Wage employer.
We encourage and support our staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against Covid-19.Job descriptionJob responsibilities*Please Note : For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description* Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RSCN/RN Child
- Evidence of ongoing development, eg. Recognised training qualification or relevant experieince
- Mentor qualification
- MSC Advance Nurse practitioner/BSc Community Health Care Nursing
- Specialist Practice Qualification Community Children's Nursing
- Experience of supporting children with complex health care needs and dependant on adjuncts and/or technology.
- Experience of leading a team
- Experience of effective working collaboratively with professionals from other disciplines
- Experience and sound knowledge of clinical audit
- Experience and sound understanding of clinical supervision and reflective practice
- Experience of planning and delivering training
- Service development, delivery and evaluation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Community Children's Nursing Experience
- School nursing experience
Solent NHS TrustAddress
Battenburg Avenue Clinic
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.