An opportunity has arisen within the Division B Management for an Information & Performance Manager to join the team on a permanent full time basis.
The role is part of the Divisional Management Team reporting directly to the Divisional Director of Operations. This is a unique opportunity where the successful candidate will lead on the development of complex, strategic information and data led solutions for the division. The Division is made up of inpatient medicine (including gastroenterology, respiratory, general medicine and medicine for older people), emergency care (inc ED and AMU), Cancer Care, Pathology and HEMS.Main duties of the job
Attached you will find the person specification document which provides more detail about the essential and desirable skills and experience needed for this role. We highly recommend you review this document and use it when completing your application as these criteria are used by hiring managers as guidance during shortlisting.
For an overview of the main duties of the role please see the 'Job Description and Main Responsibilities' section below. To understand the day-to-day responsibilities in more detail please read the full job description document attached.About us
As one of the largest acute teaching Trusts in England, we offer learning and development opportunities to help you achieve the career you aspire to. UHS is rated 'Good' by the CQC and in the latest national NHS Staff Survey, we were in the top 10 acute trusts for staff engagement and for staff recommending the hospital as a place to work or receive care.
All non-clinical roles may involve a mixture of on site and remote working, Specific details and flexible working options can be discussed as part of the interview process. UHS employees are able to access a range of NHS discounts, are entitled to a minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata), and we offer a generous pension scheme.
Southampton is an attractive place to live and work situated on the south coast, with an international airport and direct trains to London. The New Forest National Park and beaches of the Jurassic coast are also right on our doorstep. The city offers living costs 20% lower than London and 14 schools rated outstanding by Ofsted.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
What you'll do
In this role you will:
Provide integrated business analysis solutions to deliver operational and strategic objectives
What we're looking for
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate, educated to a degree level in a relevant field, has experience with dealing large quantities of complex data and is able to interpret and present to stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills via all mediums of communication and will have strong problem solving skills in order to produce key information. In addition you will also have experience of using software programme to generate data and report including advanced excel skills. Experience of hospital systems is desirable and full training will be provided if required.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to degree level in a numerate discipline or able to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge, skills and experience within a health informatics environment e.g. at senior analyst/principal analyst level
- Continuing development of knowledge and expertise within field
- Significant experience of using advanced Business Informatics and Data Visualisation tools such as Qlikview and other related software, in a Healthcare environment.
Previous or relevant experience necessaryEssential
- Evidence of continuing professional education in a relevant discipline, such as Health Informatics
- Team and staff management at team head level or above
- Confidence and experience of presenting solutions and findings to audiences at Trust Exec level
- Able to demonstrate the use of software to process raw data, create complex reports and provide information outputs
- Experience and expertise in information management and delivery
- Knowledge of NHS acute sector patient based data and operational reporting requirements
- Project management and implementation experience
- Demonstrable use of Management Information Systems and associated reporting tools at an advanced level
- Able to demonstrate extensive experience of information analysis and reporting
- Adaptation, creation, and implementation of policy and procedures within information setting
- PC computing environment including the use of desktop software at an advanced level
- Expertise and experience in dealing with identifiable data and commercially sensitive data.
- Experience of leading service delivery to meet set timescales and deadlines
- Healthcare informatics, analytics, data science or computing background.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Patients First
- Always Improving
- Working Together
University Hospital Southampton NHS TrustAddress
Southampton General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.