PURPOSE OF JOB:
Main duties of the job
- To provide a high standard physiotherapy service in assessing andtreating patients who may have a complex presentation.
- To supervise and teach recently qualifiedphysiotherapists/technicians/assistants and students and be involved inteaching MDT staff.
- To participate in CPD and other departmental activities.
- To be responsible for implementing within your clinical practice, the relevant standards and policies.
- To maintain a high standard of clinical care using evidence based practices and evaluate the outcomes.
- To be responsible as an autonomous practitioner to undertake a significant clinical caseload on the medical wards.
- To undertake the comprehensive assessment of patients including those with complex presentation using investigative and analytical skills. To seek guidance from senior staff as required.
- To devise an individualised physiotherapy management and/or treatment plan, using clinical reasoning skills to utilise a range of treatment options in formulating a specialised programme of care.
- To participate in the on call and weekend rotas.
- To manage rotational Band 5 staff and technicians/assistants within the Medical team
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust provides NHS hospital servicesforaround 900,000 people across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
As well as delivering excellent general hospital services to local people, we provide specialist heart attack, vascular, stroke, spinal, cystic fibrosis and plastic surgery services across a much wider area.
We have three main hospitals - Frimley Park in Frimley near Camberley, Heatherwood in Ascot and Wexham Park near Slough.
Our threecore values, and the behaviours that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other,Committed to Excellence,WorkingTogether and Facing the Future.
We are also proud to host the Defence Medical Group South East at Frimley Park with military surgical, medical and nursing personnelworkingalongside the hospital's NHS staff providing care to patients in all specialtiesJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please review the job description and person specification attached for further information on this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- HCPC Registration
- Degree or Diploma in Physiotherapy.
- Demonstrate up to date knowledge of best clinical practice in relevant speciality.
- Understanding of professional ethics and their application in practice.
- Evidence of recent study in relevant clinical area.
- Demonstrate understanding & involvement of Clinical Governance and risk assessment.
- Member of relevant clinical interest group.
- Clinical educators training
- Evidence of some managerial training
Professional / Specialist and Functional experienceEssential
- Analytical skills demonstrated both clinically and managerially
- Able to present information to a group
- Teaching skills
- Basic management skills
- Completion of band 5 rotations. This includes experience in the relevant clinical areas, General Medicine, Orthopaedics, Surgical/ICU, Elderly Care, Neuro, Outpatients.
- Training and supervision to support all physiotherapy staff and students
- On call/Weekend working
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in development of a project or service.
- Experience of research
Frimley Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Frimley Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.