Community Rehabilitation Physiotherapist Want to provide Rehab and help patients add life to years?
We are looking for a Band 6 Community Physiotherapist to join the Community Rehabilitation Service based in the South Somerset area.
The post will cover a varied community based caseload including frailty, amputee rehab, neurology, complex long term conditions, orthopaedics and respiratory.
The team includes Physiotherapists, OT's, Rehab Assistants and Pharmacy Technicians. We also have direct relationships with PCN OT's, Clinical Specialist therapists, ACPs, GP's and acute Consultants, DNs, Mental health services and many more.
The Community Rehabilitation Service can offer and support opportunities for you to develop and progress along your chosen career path, whether that be clinically based, through the ECP/ACP pathways towards a band 8A ACP role, or a move into leadership and more senior management positions. The role will be actively supported clinically by the Physio Clinical Specialist in Community Rehabilitation. Car driver and own vehicle is essential to this post.
For an informal visit or discussion please feel free to call to discuss how you can join our friendly and supportive team in South Somerset.Main duties of the job
- To provide high quality patient-centered care and specialist rehabilitation to adults referred to the Community Rehabilitation Service.
- Participate in the development of the Rehabilitation Service in the community.
- To provide specialist advice regarding the rehabilitation management of patients to families, carers and other members of the MDT.
- Provide support, guidance and training to Band 5 Therapists, Senior Rehabilitation Assistants, Rehabilitation Assistants, Apprentices, Students and other professionals.
- Responsibility for a caseload of complex patients within the community setting.
- Act as Clinical Supervisor and undertake Managerial Supervision including Appraisal for Band 5 Physiotherapists and Rehabilitation Assistants.
- Act as Team Lead in the Rehabilitation Managers absence, including supporting staff and attending any meetings delegated by the manager
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached full job description for more information. Communication and Key Working Relationships
- Community Rehabilitation Service Manager
- Neighbourhood Manager and Service Leads
- Professional Lead for Physiotherapy
- Adult Rehabilitation Clinical Specialists
- Clinicians and Clinical Teams
- General Practitioners, nurses, other health professionals and practice staff within the Trust and across the wider health community
- BSc Hons Degree in Physiotherapy
- HCPC Registration
- Current permit to work in the UK
- At least 3 years post graduate experience in a relevant field
- Car driver with access to fully insured car and current UK driving license
- A stated interest in working in Somerset FT NHS Trust
- Clinical rehab experience in a range of settings
- Clinical rehab experience in a range of conditions to include frailty, neuro and orthopaedics.
- Current NHS experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous leadership experience including appraisal and supervision
- Previous experience in community rehabilitation
- Extensive experience of working in a MDT with other HCP professions eg OT, Nurse, Pharmacy Techs, SWs
Somerset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
South Petherton Community Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.