This is an opportunity to work as a Consultant Liaison Psychiatrist in the Exeter Liaison Psychiatry Team in Devon Partnership NHS Trust based at Wonford House, Dryden Road, Exeter.
The team work with the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital to provide mental health care to people admitted to the hospital or attending the Emergency Department, in a Core 24 model. The team are also working into an Integrated Psychological Medicine Service in partnership with Talkworks (IAPT), Health Psychology and Medical and Surgical Specialties developing and contributing to care pathways for people with functional and chronic conditions.
The Team is established with Multidisciplinary professionals including nurses, occupational therapists, social workers, psychologists, consultant psychiatrists and trainee doctors.Main duties of the job
The role is to provide senior clinical leadership to a multidisciplinary Liaison Psychiatry service, engaging in development and clinical leadership in the Integrated Psychological Medicine Service. The post holder will be expected to engage in the service governance programme and service improvement projects. The role is supported by trainee medical staff and there will be provision of supervision to these staff and opportunity to engage in teaching and training of medical students.About usAbout Devon Partnership Trust
We provide mental health, learning disability and neurodiversity services, as well as a range of specialist & secure services for the wider south west region & nationally. We are passionate about promoting good mental health & wellbeing. We strive to use the expertise & resources within our organisation, and through our partnerships, to deliver high quality services that are safe & focused on people's recovery.
We are committed to developing a culture of coproduction, involving patients, families & carers in everything we doOur values
We not only recruit based on qualifications & experience - we recruit individuals who possess & demonstrate the behaviours which underpin our Trusts core values. These include such attributes as showing a commitment to quality of care, improving lives of others, giving respect, dignity & compassion. We can bring those values to life in our everyday tasks by giving a smile making time for people challenging ourselves & others, & being open to new ideas.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer & applications are encouraged & welcomed from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics as governed by the Equality Act 2010. Part time & flexible working applications will be considered & supported, where possible. We particularly encourage applicants with lived experience of mental health conditions, neurodiversity or learning disabilities. We are a Disability Confident Leader.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the full Job Description and Person specification attached to this advert which will provide further information on this role.Person SpecificationTeaching and SupervisionEssential
- Experience of teaching undergraduates and postgraduates.
- Evidence of additional teaching skills.
- Experience as a lecturer or supervisor.
- Experience in Clinical Supervision.
- Full Registration with the General Medical Council.
- To hold Approved Clinician status at the point of taking up post.
- Eligible for inclusion in the Specialist Register or within 6 months of CCT at time of interview.
- Approved under section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act 1983.
- MRC Psych.
- CCT in Old Age/General Psychiatry.
- Endorsement in Liaison Psychiatry.
- Prior experience working in a Multidisciplinary Mental health team.
- Experience of psychiatric practice in a range of settings, especially in acute inpatient hospital Settings.
- Experience of audit and an understanding of the principles of clinical governance.
- Evidence of development of special interest in Hospital or Primary Care based Liaison Psychiatry.
- Proven commitment to improving the quality of clinical care.
- A team player able to inspire and support staff at all levels of training and across professional disciplines.
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
- A commitment to multidisciplinary and multi-agency working.
- A commitment to respect, inclusiveness and diversity
- A track record of team leadership or collaboration with other agencies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Evidence of ability to exercise leadership in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other clinical teams.
- Evidence of new ideas in service delivery.
- A track record of implementing service initiatives.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and managers.
- Awareness of NHS management and funding arrangements.
- Management training / experience.
- Experience of involvement in service development.
- Ability to interpret published research and to apply research findings to clinical practice.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Aptitude for and practical experience of research.
Devon Partnership NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.