We have a new opportunity for a Qualified Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner to join our team at Talking Change (NHS Talking Therapies, previously IAPT). You will be based at The Pompey Centre in Portsmouth and will work closely with other services in the area.
This is a fulfilling role which will allow you to provide low intensity interventions in a range of modalities to those accessing our service. As well as proving support to those accessing our service, we also provide regular supervision, reflective spaces and opportunities for further training and development.
We are looking for someone who:
*Works well in a team
*Has great interpersonal skills
In order to succeed in this role, you will need:
*To have completed your Certificate or Postgraduate Diploma in Low Intensity Psychological Interventions, or have had the equivalent postgraduate mental health training and be working delivering low intensity interventions
*Have experience working within a mental health setting
This is a full time post of 37.5hrs and will require working one regular evening till 8pm and Saturdays on a rotated basis of no more than 4 months in a year, please see job description for full details.Main duties of the job
The post-holder will work within the IAPT service providing high volume low intensity interventions to people with mild to moderate depression and anxiety disorders in accordance with NICE guidance and IAPT national programme recommendations. The Step 2 team provide both telephone and face to face support to clients undertaking self-help programmes and lead psychoeducational workshops and courses in a range of areas. PWPs are encouraged to develop an area of special interest, consistent with service need, and to contribute to the overall development of the team and services provided.
The post holder will work with people with different cultural backgrounds and ages, using interpreters when necessary and should be committed to equal opportunities.About us
Make a difference with us
If you are looking for somewhere you can make a real difference and are passionate about keeping people safe, well and out of hospital, a career with us may be just what you're looking for. At Solent NHS Trust, we strive to make a difference to the health and wellbeing of our communities.
We are proud to be an organisation which is focused on our people and we welcome people who share our values to come and work with us.
To deliver great care that is safe, simple and easy to access
To be a caring, flexible and supportive place to work
To deliver the best value for money
Our shared values support the development of a strong working culture. They breathe life into our organisation -- guiding and inspiring all of our actions and decisions. They enable us to be better at what we do and create a great place for our staff to work, whilst ensuring we provide the highest quality of care to our patients.
In creating our values, we spent time listening to our employees and members. Based on what people told us, we created our HEART values to reflect the deep belief that we are caring organisation at the centre of our community: Honesty, Everyone counts, Accountable, Respectful, Teamwork.
We are an accredited Real Living Wage employer.
We encourage and support our staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against Covid-19.Job descriptionJob responsibilities *Please Note : For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description* Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Certificate or post graduate Diploma in Low Intensity Psychological Interventions (IAPT-PWP training), or equivalent postgraduate mental health training.
- Psychology undergraduate degree or Evidence of ability to study successfully at undergraduate year level or the equivalent.
- Training in nursing, social work, occupational therapy, arts therapy or within a psychological therapy.
- Evidence of working with people who have experienced a mental health problem.
- Experience of working in Primary Care Services and/or experience of using CBT for depression and anxiety.
- Worked in a service where agreed targets in place demonstrating clinical outcomes.
- Ability to manage own caseload and time.
- Demonstrates high standards in written communication.
- Able to write clear reports and letters.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of working in the local community.
- Experience of using different methods of delivering treatment (for example telephone work, workshops, face to face, online).
Solent NHS TrustAddress
The Pompey Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.