This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is passionate about delivering Respiratory Physiotherapy to patients in the acute setting. The post holder will work as a rotational senior Physiotherapist within the inpatient rehabilitation service based at Stoke Mandeville Hospital and Wycombe General Hospital.
We pride ourselves on integrated team working and strive for best clinical practice. The post holder will have the opportunity to enhance their ITU /HDU Respiratory assessment and treatment skills with support from band 7 . We strongly encourage an evidenced based approach and support staff through supervision and appraisal. There is a strong emphasis on student education. Attendance at post graduate courses is also supported.
Candidates will naturally be expected to join and partake in emergency on call rota and Respiratory weekend working rotas, therefore previous experience of working within a respiratory or intensive care field is essential.Main duties of the job
To perform assessment and treatment for patients with complex needs, and to provide advice, guidance and information to health and social care professionals, carers and relatives and other non-professionals.
To undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner.
To participate in continuing professional and service development, and contribute to organisational objectives.About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We'recommitted to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued, and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on email@example.com quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc Physiotherapy qualification/ or equivalent
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to make sound clinical decisions based on knowledge/experience and utilize advanced clinical reasoning skills
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Stoke Mandeville Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.